Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
1560501_10151839491712204_1612503841_n.jpg

Reviews Written by
Cassandra J. Orozco

I'm actually not a new Webroot user. I love this product so much that this is the beginning of my third year of service. I originally found out about it through their great "free trial" they offered. What I really like is that you never have those ANNOYING pop-up screens that constantly show up reporting every little problem the software finds, like with those other antivirus software products. Everything on my system functions as it should with no interruptions and it takes up so little space that you forget it's there. Yet you know it's protecting you because you don't have any operating problems and your speed is as good as it should be. Also, although it's worth every penny of the regular retail price, you can usually find it at a great price when you shop around a bit. I would recommend (and have recommended) WebRoot's products to anyone who wants world class PC protection at an affordable price. And no, I don't work for them. I'm just a real life, genuinely satisfied and loyal customer.
Source

Bill W

Level 1
Verified
Mar 30, 2013
I have been using Webroot for the past year or so, and exclusively for the past few months without any companion program. Excellent product. That said, the new web filtering extension is a bit slow in resolving and presenting google searches with the requisite "green ticks". Norton was faster from memory. I have also noticed that the web filter is too aggressive, and has blocked some legit sites on a few occasions; not a big issue for me, but something that could bother and concern out a novice user. I am confident that these kinks will be sorted out eventually
Anyway, Webroot is my current AV of choice and will remain so.

Reactions: Game Of Thrones

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah,its a nice little program. Only if they can correct those false positives, it can give others a run for their money.

Reactions: Gnosis

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I like it too, and I like that its cloud AV is superior to non-cloud AV's. I did have to ax the web shield, as it was causing several second delays in page loading and initial web page interaction.

D

Deleted member 178

yes the web shield is a brand new one, so they need some time to refine it.

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
WSA is really good... wish to see someone review webroot knowing its abilities..... atleast if a virus is not detected just show the monitored processes so that one can make sure that they are protected even though the threat isn't detected then

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.