Solved Webroot Secure Anywhere & Emsisoft Antimalware & Tuneup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Do one of these software have conflicts with each other which i I'm using.

I see some minor slow downs when i click a file to open it takes a minute or two and when I'm on the web i get minor slow downs. I see my mouse circle load spin for a sec or 2.

I think this might be do to Emsisoft but i I'm not sure

Any takers on this

Thank u

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you try Webroot with TuneUp and compare it to Emsisoft with TuneUp, either one could be causing an issue. Do a comparison.

So while "complimentary Antivirus" products exist, I always recommend not to use them both. Anyway, good luck.

Upvote 0

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Go into file guard in emsisoft,look for manage whitelist add process exceptions for webroot & for creating rules in webroot was told it's best to let webroot handle that end,they say webroot does it better. Any more trouble link up with umbra on this forum he has more wisdom than me on webroot. thank you for your time.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have used both EAM & Wsa together and separately and never experienced any problems.I am not a big fan of TuneUp as I think it can cause more problems than good.I would take the plan of action that Huracan advised and then follow Terry's advice on making exceptions

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Thanks exterminator20,Huracan,Terry Ganzi for all your help and support

exterminator20 - by that do u mean i should uninstall Tuneup 2014 and see what happens without it. I did the exceptions and whitelist haven't noticed anything of yet

Whats wrong with Tuneup 2014 in your words m8. just asking

Should i use IObit Advanced SystemCare instead

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I just found that it causes problems it can change a many settings.It is up to you if you want to uninstall it and see if it improves the situation.I find it easier to just use CCleaner and make any tweaks manually.When I have tried TUU in the past I always had some kind of conflict

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
I just found that it causes problems it can change a many settings.It is up to you if you want to uninstall it and see if it improves the situation.I find it easier to just use CCleaner and make any tweaks manually.When I have tried TUU in the past I always had some kind of conflict

Thats whats up exterminator20. tuneup 2014 going bye bye

The thing about CCleaner tho compared to Tuneup 2014 is why i stopped using it was because CCleaner when it cleans it doesn't remove the passwords from all my sites and bookmarks but logs me out of every one so i have to sign in all of them again. As to tuneup when i hit one click clean it never logs me out but apparently cleans. And it gets annoying to do it every time i scan

Thanks guys

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
When you use CCleaner for the first time, it will ask to run it's Intelligent Cookie Scan, this will exclude popular sites from it's cleaning process:
upload_2014-3-5_23-52-54.png

To run the Intelligent Scan, CCleaner > Options > Cookies > Right-click in either column > Click on 'Intelligent Scan' > Yes
https://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-settings/choosing-which-cookies-to-keep

Additionally, you can manually add more Cookies to the Exclusion, or if it's too much trouble de-select Cookie cleaning from CCleaner. Quite simple, IMO.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Also when cleaning the registry with CCleaner it will ask you to make a backup before deleting any registry items.Click yes and it will save it in your Documents.I have had to only use the backup once in many,many years of using CCleaner.The one time I did it worked great.

Reactions: ImtheBest and Ink
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.