Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Vs Bitdefender Total Security 2016

bobby holla

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 30, 2014
I do not know how to ask this but i need an antivirus and i need someone to suggest for me between this two Antivirus Programs. Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete and Bitdefender Total Security 2016. i don't mind the cost. i just need something super. My new Dell Alienware just arrived and am looking a Security Software to install on it cause i don't like McAfee.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Alienware has McAfee pre-installed.
  1. Start with the conventional method to uninstall McAfee using Program and Features > Uninstall.
  2. Reboot the PC.
  3. Download the MCPR tool following these instructions.
    • If you cannot find the tool, click here.
  4. Reboot the PC.

Mod Edit Notes: Moved thread from News to Compare Software. Added extra details and removed multi-choice from Poll.

Reactions: Niente
H

hjlbx

• System Resource Usage - Webroot (1 % at idle; 20 % at full system scan)
  • Real-World Performance Impact - you won't notice Webroot, sometimes you will notice Bitdefender - which is system dependent
  • Ease of Use - Bitdefender, just install it and use Auto-Pilot, adjust settings to max; same with Webroot settings - set to max
  • Graphical User Interface - both are about the same, Webroot's is a bit more clear-cut
  • Inclusive Product Features - Bitdefender has more features - some not needed - like system optimizer and parental controls
  • Real-World Protection - I give the edge to Bitdefender because it has a fully functional firewall and intrusion detection system
  • Preferred Product and Why? - I prefer Webroot because it is so incredibly light
Both will provide your system with decent base-line protection - if you are a reasonable web\PC user.

Webroot support is infinitely better than BItdefender's, but I wouldn't expect anything spectacular out of Webroot either.

Noxx

Level 3
Verified
Jul 13, 2016
Webroot is the lightest AV ever there is, period. Love the UI, easy to find things, not clunky. Protection wise, see HJLBX's post. However, I have to pick Webroot because despite the fact it has a few less protective features, it's still good. Just add an anti-executable, and I still think you'll have better system performance than using BitDefender and equal if not better protection. Just my opinion. However, if you only care about protection and supplemental protection is a non-factor -- BitDefender. I'd PERSONALLY choose Webroot if I was given a free key.

H

hjlbx

I personally recommend Webroot.

Just set Heuristics to "Block any program that is not whitelisted."

That setting acts as an anti-executable for any files not on the Webroot safe list.

But in terms of sheer protections - Bitdefender is more capable of protecting system.

Webroot is lighter and potentially causes fewer problems.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.