App Review Webroot vs Malware | Test (By TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Well, I do not agree with whitelisting the testing script. Webroot, at the beginning of the video, terminated the script and that's nice. BD did the same in an earlier TPCS test. What do you think?
I think webroot has lost its magic somewhere along the path. Light on resources is good but come on we now have 4c/ 8t, 6c/ 12t, 8 /16, 16/32....32/64... processing Power and most have 16Gb ram if not 32...my point is they are concentrating on the wrong thing... sacrificing the most important thing " prevention and protection" .

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I think webroot has lost its magic somewhere along the path. Light on resources is good but comeon we now have 4c/ 8t, 6c/ 12t, 8 /16, 16/32....32/64... processing Power and most have 16Gb ram if not 32...my point is they are concentrating on the wrong thing... sacrificing the most important thing " prevention and protection" .
I was not defending Webroot or the way it works. What irritates me in his videos is that his tests are not consistent; he adapts his tests to make fun of suite or prove, in his own way, that it is bad. Regarding Webroot, I do agree wholeheartedly that they need to work on their protection but honestly their webfilter is decent. I would pair it with SecureAPlus and you have light but strong protection. You can get Webroot license for $2 on G2A.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I was not defending Webroot or the way it works. What irritates me in his videos is that his tests are not consistent; he adapts his tests to make fun of suite or prove, in his own way, that it is bad.
I too agree on that, he might have some vested agendas. I prefer to see our forum member's testing videos/reports on various security suites as it represents truth and not some vested agendas.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I too agree on that, he might have some vested agendas. I prefer to see our forum member's testing videos/reports on various security suites as it represents truth and not some vested agendas.
I really like MH here but I do have one thing to point out. I do appreciate what @harlan4096 , @SeriousHoax @omidomi and other do at the hub but unfortunately, and maybe due to busy life, products are not tested at the same time frame. You see products tested after hours and some times a day or two later. This makes hub's tests inconsistent.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I really like MH here but I do have one thing to point out. I do appreciate what @harlan4096 , @SeriousHoax @omidomi and other do at the hub but unfortunately, and maybe due to busy life, products are not tested at the same time frame. You see products tested after hours and some times a day or two later. This makes hub's tests inconsistent.
I'm sure if we paid them properly for their work we might be able to work something out that is more consistent. For now it's more for fun and curiosity.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It's difficult all the testers post their results at the same time, different time regions, different free time to test, etc...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.