App Review Webroot vs Malware | Test (By TPSC)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

The Ordynary

Level 3
Apr 26, 2020
the ransomware looked at this antivirus and laughed, webroot has a lot to improve to be bad.

I couldn't take it I had to laugh together with Leo, lol

• HaHa
Reactions: Der.Reisende

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Well, we can donate because I appreciate what they do and I hope they keep the good work. I believe moderators at MT should encourage and invite more members to join the hub.
I’d like to learn to test in the hub when my baby is a bit older. I’d do it now, but time is at a premium. If I could switch careers it would definitely be into Infosec.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Light on resources is good but come on we now have 4c/ 8t, 6c/ 12t, 8 /16, 16/32....32/64... processing Power and most have 16Gb ram if not 32...my point is they are concentrating on the wrong thing... sacrificing the most important thing " prevention and protection" .
I doubt many people have 32GB of RAM. I've got 12GB in my main computer (and less in all my others) and for the average user, 8GB is more than enough, unless they have many browser tabs open at once. In any case, lightness is not related to high CPU and/or disk usage, and not RAM usage.

Webroot's poor performance against malware, is not because its light. It is because its signatures and its behaviour blocking are not so good. They could improve both, while still being light.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.