Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
since installing HMP.A, I have been having problems with the loading of certain websites in chrome. MalwareTips is one of them, but not the only one. I have to try again and again before it will load.
I get error messages:
page isn't working
didn't send any data

I tried manually defining the DNS to google recommended settings, but it didn't solve the problem. I also tried disabling Scan SLL in Bitdefender, but it didn't solve the problem. I also tried switching to chrome 32 bit instead of 64 bit. no go.

But if I disable HMP.A, the problem goes away.

chrome stable build with updates
windows 10 pro x64 stable build
SecureAPlus
Bitdefender total security 2016

Reactions: CySecy825

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
I have build 360 and I have no issues with HitmanPro Alert. Is this error showing only on HTTPS websites or it happens on unsecure (http) websites also? Are you running HitmanPro Alert with default settings or have you changed them?
1.jpg

@Erik Loman some help here?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
hey, thanks for the lead.
I got a download link over there for the pre-release of their next build, and it seems to have solved the problem. I'm not sure, because the problem i
I have build 360 and I have no issues with HitmanPro Alert. Is this error showing only on HTTPS websites or it happens on unsecure (http) websites also? Are you running HitmanPro Alert with default settings or have you changed them?
View attachment 90304

@Erik Loman some help here?
it is also with non-secure websites.
I have not changed default settings, except for allowing non-standard fonts to run.

Reactions: Jack

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think it was a conflict with bitdefender. I uninstalled BD, and all web pages are now responding well. But the problem was always an intermittent one, so I can't be sure that was the cause.

Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.