• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ok guys , there is a job for you:

issue: everytime when i hve to do an hard shutdown (in case of frozen system) or suffer a powercut, my Windows cant finish the boot afterwards; it is stucked at the logo and the circle keep turning.
I have to restore an image to fix it.

note: even reinstalling a fresh windows (and format the partition during the installation) cant solve it.

good luck, i never encountered that kind of issue, and all my knowledge cant fix it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is this a dual-booting system? Does this occur on the same or different PC?

Upvote 0

KelvinW4

Level 1
May 8, 2012
It cannot be a driver issue if he has done reinstalls. Perhaps you should check the disk for errors and corruption.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Can you boot into safe mode with command prompt & run CHKDSK to check for HDD errors

One thing you can try is in BIOS settings see if plug & play OS is set to "ON" and change that setting and see if it boots.Or reset the BIOS to defaults.

I would agree with TOM in that it may be a hardware issue

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
The problem sounds like a failing hard disk to me, probably has some bad sectors. If CHKDSK doesn't work, it might be best to replace the hard drive with a new one.

Thanks. :D

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
will check the disk and tell you the result later; thx.

edit: ok, i can run any safe mode, so i ran chkdsk, no issues found. at the moment i use Rx to bypass the froze.

Upvote 0

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Littlebits said:
The problem sounds like a failing hard disk to me, probably has some bad sectors. If CHKDSK doesn't work, it might be best to replace the hard drive with a new one.

Thanks. :D

Yea I was also thinking hardware/hdd do you have a spare hdd?

Upvote 0

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+8+is+stuck+doing+boot&oq=windows+8+is+stuck+doing+boot&gs_l=youtube.3..33i21.195457.215125.0.215545.30.27.0.3.3.0.136.2266.23j4.27.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.CffV_pvUdrA

I will watch and read tomorrow. See if you can come up a fix?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.