Marko :)

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Hello everyone!

First of all, I don't even know if the problem is affecting only me or it is the same for everyone, so here's a detailed explanation.

My language has diacrtic letters (basically, letters with symbols above them, like č ć đ š ž). On all english websites which use web fonts (like Google Fonts) and do not have these letters written on it, when I add one, text disappears on a second and then comes back. It's really annoying, strange and it doesn't happen in other web browsers like Firefox and Edge. If I block web fonts and write these letters, text won't disappear. YouTube and MalwareTips are some of the websites where the problem is present. You can try it yourself to see if that happens to you as well, but not in this thread since I've already used diacritic letters in this post.

This is how issue looks in Chrome:
GIF.gif

This is how it's supposed to be, like in Firefox.
GIF2.gif

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Strange... It doesn't happen on my side
I found who to blame - uBlock Origin. I still don't know what's wrong with it.

Looks like it's not uBlock Origin even though, it stopped after turning off the extension first time. I turned it off again issue still persist. Anyone has any ideas what should I check?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
What if you reset uBlock Origin to it's default and then one by one apply any settings you have altered or lists you have added?
Looks like it's not uBlock Origin after all. I still don't know what causes the problem... :(

Just downloaded Opera; same happens. I don't know what else to check out. I could reinstall graphics drivers, but I doubt it will fix anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
@BoraMurdar Figured out something new. When I open Console and Network tab, refresh the web page and then start typing diacritic letters, new woff2 font loads. I don't know why.

GIF.gif

Upvote 0

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
You use a antikeylogger like zemana? Years ago i had similar problems while using a keylogger software. anything i tipped keep disapearing, than apearing again

Reactions: Marko :)
Upvote 0

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
You use a antikeylogger like zemana? Years ago i had similar problems while using a keylogger software. anything i tipped keep disapearing, than apearing again
No. I use only Windows Defender, but that was happening even before when I used EAM. So far I found out that problem happens in all Chromium based browsers. For some reason, Chrome won't load all fonts and is loading them as I type. Or it loads font, but not entirely.

• Wow
Reactions: stefanos
Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Can you list your hardware configuration and all the software you use?

Things you can try:
Download some Linux Distro, make bootable usb with Rufus and boot it from Live environment. Install Chrome or Chromium and try
Download Hirens Boot PE and try Chrome from there, I think you can run portable Chrome also
If it happens again in Linux, then it's Chrome+your hardware problem, if it happens in Hirens PE then it might be the Windows+Chrome+your hardware problem.
Going on...it's difficult to filter the culprit

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.