Solved Weird things with my laptop screen

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
laptop screen flickers like a mad beast, lines appears and nothing can be see on the screen
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
- checked drivers, they are up to date (test with original OEM drivers , same)
- issue present even without any softs installed after reinstallation of OS.
now the weird things:

1- screen flickers even during boot except when Rollback RX bootscreen or BIOS screen is loaded or just before the login screen of Windows (flickers stop while the windows "circle" is animating) or when Windows is shutting down...
1- if plugged-in (so not on battery), the screen flickers from "very rarely" to "no more"...
2- if on battery, and if i put the screen into some special angles, the flickers may vanish or be reduced...
3- if im on battery and i open my browser and surf to any website, the flickers stop...if i minimize my browser the flickers restart...
4- if i open WIn10 start menu, flickers stop...
5- if i link my laptop to my TV via HDMI cable, no flickers on TV...if i do dual view, screen flickers but not the TV

now what the hell is happening !

so my actual fix is to be plugged as much as possible but by this i wear my battery...

Last edited by a moderator:

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
my hypothesis:

- one of the strip connectors , maybe the one related to powering the screen is faulty. When in battery not enough juice are sent to the screen.

- problem:

this laptop is complicated to open myself at the moment, if i had to take it to some repair guys, they may make it worse :D
If you were here I would have tried to fix it by now;)

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hmm.. even my enthusiast friend where known to fix computer issues, its clearly that the Chip or GPU or possible RAM is not optimizing very much for the overall OS. Likely since you don't have enough tools to diagnose then you may ask for supervision about that issue occur, usually on a store its no fix no pay unless some areas/countries are different.

Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Update on this issue :

- laptop fell down on the floor by accident , since screen behave normally again ! :D

let see with time.

computer repairing is an easy thing :p
This is the good part when laptop works when accidentally put down or trip over or just sitting over it would simply solve our issue.

Upvote 0

Niente

Level 2
Verified
Jul 24, 2016
Update on this issue :

- laptop fell down on the floor by accident , since screen behave normally again ! :D

let see with time.

computer repairing is an easy thing :p

It could be the panel or faulty flex cable. Other possible case is VRAM/GPU corruption. Time will tell...

Good luck!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.