Fav. Desktop OS
Mac
Fav. Antivirus
Clam AV

Mike Forgione

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 2, 2016
Hello All! My name is Mike and I am a security professional specializing in ethical hacking. Malware testing and analysis is new to me however it is a fascinating area. I am testing different AVs in my home virtual pentesting lab. I have a virtual DC and a handful of virtual workstations ranging from Windows XP to Windows 10. Each has a different AV on it to test reaction and how well it works. I currently am working as a system admin for a managed service provider and in order for us to provide the best service we need to be able to test the different things. As I said before I am new to malware analysis but have farily decent knowledge over containing and segregating networks. I have a hyperv server running my hack lab with the area segregated by an internal network. No outside access to the host or my actual network. Does anybody have suggestions about adding some security between the host and the guests?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Mike, welcome to this new little corner of the world that is also a wondrous place to share. Your law biding Hacking makes you a welcome ethical activist,:p & I particularly liked reading about your Hack Lab.:D
We shall look forward to sharing more, & as @Noxx mentioned above, your configuration thread Security Configuration Wizard will be happily anticipated!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.