Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Nice decent config. Not sure about running Shadow Defender and Sandboxie at the same time though, but I'm sure other members here will let you know. ;)

Here though are some of my recommendations. :)

Browsers Plugins :
This are a few plugins that will make your live more easy and comfortable:

On-Demand scanners :

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Will it be OK to add CFW to my setup?Which version should i use 5.12 or 5.10?I don't want to use version 6 since i already have SBIE and SD for Virtualisation.

D

Deleted member 178

wise choices, in fact he use light virtualization and rollback over detection & proactivity, this config is light.

D

Deleted member 178

if you use actively SD & SBIE , CFW will be useless since you can negate any possible changes/infections; but to answer your question, use v5.12

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
wise choices, in fact he use light virtualization and rollback over detection & proactivity, this config is light.

Definitely lighter than yours :p

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
Umbra Corp. said:

Definitely lighter than yours :p

yes, in fact it is similar as mine without EIS and WSA, Bo and Earth will surely appreciate it :D

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Do you whitelist certain websites in Noscript outside sandboxie?(or)Do you temporarily whitelist certain websites inside Sandbox while browsing?(or)Do you allow direct access to some file or folder to maintain whitelists?Which is the best option considering security as the primary reason?Please mention direct access settings if you use Noscript.

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Which DNS service is better for security?Norton/Comodo/OpenDNS/Any other DNS service you recommend

P

Plexx

Considering OP is on Windows 7, CFW 5.10 or 5.12 won't really make much difference.

When I first read the config, I had a stripped down dejavu of another config (without the colors).

My only question really is: Do you really need SD and Sandboxie running together? How is your SD configured?

Also, what are your browsing and computer needs (i.e: surf, download stuff, gaming (offline or online) etc)?

Nonetheless a barebones secured config. An approach not everyone would do due to the knowledge and care required, as well as it doesn't use the traditional approach of having an AV.

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Does any other firewall(free) provide Online Banking Mode like Online Armor?

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Antivirus:
Comodo Internet Security
Avast Free
Avg Free
Microsoft Security Essential

Browser Plugins:
Bitdefender Traffic Light

you must read this post to under stand the code words used on MalwareTips.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Antivirus-Coding-used-on-MalwareTips-New-Members

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
I download a lot.I have set SD to always have Data Partition in Shadow Mode.When i insert flash drives or browse some risky websites i enter Shadow mode for the System partition.When i download softwares,i upload to VirusTotal and check it.I have my download folders excluded from SD and forced folders-a separate sandbox for it.Only offline gaming.

I

illumination

Welldone said:
Do you whitelist certain websites in Noscript outside sandboxie?(or)Do you temporarily whitelist certain websites inside Sandbox while browsing?(or)Do you allow direct access to some file or folder to maintain whitelists?Which is the best option considering security as the primary reason?Please mention direct access settings if you use Noscript.

While you are in a sandbox browsing it will not matter if you "temp" allow them or "Whitelist" as the changes will be undone either way when you close and or clear the sandbox. Outside the sandbox, i personally use the "temp" allow just for the site itself, and then what other executable web content needed to run the page. Some may find that to be an inconvenience and just whitelist the sites then add what they need as they go.

This is a nice light config.

D

Deleted member 178

illumination said:
While you are in a sandbox browsing it will not matter if you "temp" allow them or "Whitelist" as the changes will be undone either way when you close and or clear the sandbox.

save me to run Ccleaner :p

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
illumination said:
While you are in a sandbox browsing it will not matter if you "temp" allow them or "Whitelist" as the changes will be undone either way when you close and or clear the sandbox.

save me to run Ccleaner :p

With your 9,000% guarantee , you should not require a sandbox, unless of course replacing Ccleaner was your goal :p :D

D

Deleted member 178

illumination said:
With your 9,000% guarantee , you should not require a sandbox, unless of course replacing Ccleaner was your goal :p :D

check this: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-The-new-Revolutionnary-Security-Solution?pid=92290#pid92290 ^^

I

illumination

Umbra Corp. said:
illumination said:

check this: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-The-new-Revolutionnary-Security-Solution?pid=92290#pid92290 ^^

I stand corrected! :D

Welldone

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Give me your insights on these posts.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Welldone-s-Security-Setup?pid=92236#pid92236
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Welldone-s-Security-Setup?pid=92232#pid92232

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.