Question What’s your default browser on Desktop and Mobile?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Edge all the way, because of sync of bookmarks, passwords and MSA. While Edge is not the most convenient browser, it is the most secure, it has to be, because enterprise clients are MS's top priority. Privacy is also on par for legal reasons, though many invasive features are enabled by default (like the subtle Bing), they can be disabled via policies, which stick after an update.

Reactions: Jonny Quest

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Safari on all devices. If Windows, I would use Edge which is built-in.
Take a look at DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser (beta) for Mac. Whilst it doesn’t allow 3rd party extensions, it does block more than stock Safari 16 with it’s own anti-tracker and mild ad-blocker. Duck Player also acts as an Ad-blocker for YouTube videos, however I’ve only managed to make it work on desktop.

On Windows, Microsoft has progressively made Edge more intrusive, making it an integral part of the Windows 11 experience.

… Firefox is more privacy oriented and offers adblock extensions on Android
Although it's not defined as a privacy browser, Edge for Android has integrated Adblock Plus to allow users to block Ads.

DuckDuckGo everywhere IGo...
Currently, DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser on iOS lacks a killer feature found only on the Android version, that is, App Tracking Protection. Install and forget privacy.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Although it's not defined as a privacy browser, Edge for Android has integrated Adblock Plus to allow users to block Ads..
Yes, I tried Edge on Android, but there was something which irritated me, I forgot what, so I am installing it now to giive it a go again.

Edit: i know, I can't use LennyFox news website filter list. I can't find where I can add my own filter lists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi

Tume

Level 2
Verified
Mar 30, 2018
Desktop: Vivaldi, (Firefox or Edge in case needed)
Mobile: Firefox Beta (Vivaldi in case needed)

Reactions: Nevi

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
Edge all the way, because of sync of bookmarks, passwords and MSA. While Edge is not the most convenient browser, it is the most secure, it has to be, because enterprise clients are MS's top priority. Privacy is also on par for legal reasons, though many invasive features are enabled by default (like the subtle Bing), they can be disabled via policies, which stick after an update.
Very interesting. Is there a guide?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Very interesting. Is there a guide?
Funny you mention it right now. Many enterprise customers got upset after MS has decided to ignore hard coded policies. I guess MS is capable screwing up even impossible.
The upshot is that Edge 116 is pushing consumer-level features at our users, when we have specifically set those to be disabled in group policy. I hope it's obvious that this is unacceptable, and untrustworthy behaviour.

We've already rolled back to 115.0.1901.203, and need to know - actually quite urgently - whether this is a bug or an intended change. As I said previously, if it IS an intended change
a) Microsoft ought to reconsider ASAP, and at the very least provide an option to override it; and
b) Microsoft ought to be honest about it, because the current assumption in chatter across the Internet at the moment is that it's a bug.

Edge has no future in our organisation if it's going to start ignoring specified policy in order to push consumer features at our users.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.