Question What’s your default browser on Desktop and Mobile?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

Edge on Windows and Firefox on Android

Reason Edge on Windows: the AppContainer sandbox for Audio, Network and Renderer and Edge super duper security (disabling JIT to enable hardware based protections)

Reason Firefox on Android:the sandbox and user rights restrictions on Android are much more restricted on Android so I don't mind using a less secure browser like Firefox on Android to enjoy the factthat Firefox is more privacy oriented and offers adblock extensions on Android

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
There are several mysteries in the Universe: what is the nature of Dark Energy, is the Wormhole theory correct, is there really intelligent alien life and - perhaps the most intriguing one - why such a well-informed privacy-minded person like Gandalf_The_Grey uses Microsoft Edge?
Coming from Netscape. Firefox, Chrome, Opera to Edge and tried a lot of other browsers, I like Edge since the first available dev releases.
Being deep in the Microsoft ecosystem for work and home use I am currently preferring what is built-in over most third-party software.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
There are several mysteries in the Universe: what is the nature of Dark Energy, is the Wormhole theory correct, is there really intelligent alien life and - perhaps the most intriguing one - why such a well-informed privacy-minded person like Gandalf_The_Grey uses Microsoft Edge?
He's Gandalf... he just casts a mute spell on Edge...

Edge on Windows and Android as well... Same reason as Gandalf actually.

Zappathustra

Level 2
Jul 1, 2019
What browser is safer on Windows 10 than Edge? (and I am not even taling about Edge in virtualized Application Guard mode)
I feel pretty safe with Firefox + uBlock Origin + tweaked user.js file + NextDNS.

But i also know that Chromium based browsers are *perhaps* a little more secure than the Fox, specially at sandboxing level.

It's the privacy factor that makes Firefox my daily driver. And the fact i can customize almost everything in the GUI via userChrome.css or .js. Or even create my own cosmetic rules using userContent. css. I did it when i used only uMatrix.

Sorry to OP, didn't mean to hijack this thread with Firefox fanboism ;)

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 97327

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.