Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello,

I recently tested Twister Antivirus 8 b Filseclab, beucaise I was intrigued by the impressive reviews.

I installed it under Shadow Mode of Shadow defender. I did not update the signatures, so its signatures dated back from Nov. 13, 2013. I unzipped my malware pack containing 190+ malwares downloaded some two weeks ago.

Despite of its old signatures, it caught 45% of the samples on realtime and on-demand scans combined - not bad. Double-clicking on the remaining samples also triggered its Guard component, blocking most of them. It is also not heavy.

What are your thoughts regarding this product? Could you please test it?

Many say though that version 7 is beter than version 8.

http://www.filseclab.com/en-us/products/twister.htm

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I've really never heard of this product before..... I'll test it now.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
When I installed Twister, no Conduit was installed. Just the antivirus.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
I am very eager to try 360 Total Security - however, unfortunately, it's still on Chinese...

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hello,

So how's your setup without any AntiVirus? Still working well?

I would like to try that also, but I will partner OA with MCShield, UAC-Max, SmartScreen and K9-Web Protection, with disabled autorun and anti-executable in any removable media. However, I just can't do it because my computer is also used by many people.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Me? I'm currently using a 30-day ESET IS trial and thinking about buying it. But please let's not flood this thread with non-Twister related content. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.