Battle What Antivirus are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
My computer: Windows Defender + Malwarebytes premium.
Home work computer: Avast! hardened on aggressive.
Download computer: 360 Internet Security + Malwarebytes premium.

bob974

Level 4
Verified
Feb 5, 2013
Emsisoft IS beta 9 ++++ Very fast scan on demand and great protection.
Eset smart security +++ Easy and solid. A great security suite
Trend micro Internet security +++ poor reactive protection but excellent proactive protection. very light on system
Webroot ++

I use these software on my different computers...

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
ESET SMART SECURITY 7
guiness.gif

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
Avira is currently my free antivirus choice. Very light, effective. I like the interface too, no problems there. You have the cloud and the option to review files to be submitted (a must, which 360TS also has).

avast! is good, but I found a bug, very similar to one in 360TS, in which the real-time protection is a little faulty (summing it up: download "eicar.com", no detection; copy-paste it, "eicar.com - Copy" gets detected).

So I'm actually using both. Avira is on in real-time, and avast! has no real-time shield installed (plus its self-defense is disabled, mutual exclusions are set, etc), so I can use avast! as a second opinion scanner that is always up-to-date, unlike most real on-demand tools where you have to wait for updates to finish. avast! uses nearly no memory and consumes very little CPU in this mode.

360TS, for comparison, is always busy; no matter how you set it, even turning off all HIPS features and all real-time protection, "QHActiveDefense.exe" is always busy consuming CPU cycles. This product is still very buggy in my opinion, not recommended.

On the paid sphere, ESET, Emsisoft, Kaspersky, Symantec are some marks I would consider to buy.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
AVAST really my choice, however lately free license key even its new is invalid. Still,I'm looking for a solution for this. Any help?

Uninstall
Reboot
Reinstall latest version
Register using Facebook

TechHelper

Level 2
Verified
Jul 21, 2014
I'm currently using the Avast Premier 60-day free trial {I like the user-interface and the amount of protection it provides + its free!}. I have Malwarebytes Premium {been with Malwarebytes for a long time and it has done me well} and Hitman Pro {just for extra demand scanning} installed as on-demand scanners also. When my free trial of Avast is up, I have bitdefender to try or a lifetime license of Vipre.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Kaspersky Internet Security, Edition of the Year for 7 years straight;
  • One of the best detection ratio there is;
  • Many useful features;
  • Includes Antivirus, Firewall, Web Protection, etc. name it, it have it;
  • Very cheap where I live;
  • Kaspersky most likely have the best scan engines there is;
  • It's Sandboxed Firewall is better than Comodo's Firewall;
  • Always stopped every malware/hack tools I would download when I was into "Black Hat Hacking";
  • The GUI is just too damn sexy;

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
I'm currently using ESET NOD32 AV. I've also used Qihoo 360 TS before I switched to ESET last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.