What Antivirus Do the Staff Use Right Now?

phyniks

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
So strange MrExplorer....I ve had the same conclusion on Wilders.Experts are using one of the most vulnerable AV.
Let's see...

Reactions: Moose

EmiLLiaN

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
So strange MrExplorer....I ve had the same conclusion on Wilders.Experts are using one of the most vulnerable AV.
Let's see...

It's not that simple. What an expert do and want, it's to have his own secure configuration, and with the W8 Built in Security, you can do it. Is as simple as that.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
So strange MrExplorer....I ve had the same conclusion on Wilders.Let's see...

Experts prefer built-in security as it's sufficient enough for them. I used to use nothing but Microsoft Security Essentials, Windows Defender (Spyware-Only), User Account Control, Windows Firewall, .exe run warnings, you get the idea; no installation (except for MSE) and it worked for me, no viruses, spyware, or adware! However, now I use ESET NOD32 because it has more sufficient security and better performance than MSE. Other than that everything else is still built-in.

Nothing beats nice ol' Windows Firewall, third-party ones are very annoying with popups and/or offer very little protection without them. The only quality firewall you can get now is intelligent ones like Kaspersky's built-in firewall or Norton's.

No need for anti-exe like Appguard, UAC is already preinstalled and all you need to do to verify is to check the publisher, no fuss, no tampering!

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Greeting;)

Not Staff but here you go:

> Emsisoft Anti-Malware
> Shadow Defender

> Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware Thinking about replacing?
> Gary Utilities 5
> Adding AppGuard
> Thinking about adding Kapspersky Internet Security and removing Malwarebytes!
And keeping Emsisoft in my setup!

Thoughts? Any Suggestions?:)

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
maybe Common Sense Total Security ?
tooth.gif
naughty.gif
:p

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
3 pc's ESET until license expired, i would never by AV these days

3 MSE

1 360IS for now its for testing if it can replace MSE and ESET
seems to be ok

Reactions: phyniks

Holysmoke

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
No need for anti-exe like Appguard, UAC is already preinstalled and all you need to do to verify is to check the publisher, no fuss, no tampering!

the videos I have seen about ransomware show encryption taking place without UAC alerting at all. I did see Appguard stop the encryption from even starting. I am a novice at security so take it with a grain of salt

phyniks

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Greeting;)

Not Staff but here you go:

> Emsisoft Anti-Malware
> Shadow Defender

> Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware Thinking about replacing?
> Gary Utilities 5
> Adding AppGuard
> Thinking about adding Kapspersky Internet Security and removing Malwarebytes!
And keeping Emsisoft in my setup!

Thoughts? Any Suggestions?:)
Thank you and every one for participating but,please...let this topic be for experts and esp. the staff.

We already have the topic for other users:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/what-antivirus-are-you-using.30923/

In this topic we(the "non staff") can ask the experts about their opinions,their reason for choosing any specific AV,their experience,etc.

Reactions: nissimezra

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
UAC always notify on all installations
On all Windows 7 SP1 installations I use Emsisoft Internet Security Pack with MBAM & HMP on demand.
On all Windows 8.1 installations I use Eset Smart Security 7 with MBAM & HMP on demand.
HTTPS Everywhere,LastPass in both Chrome & Firefox
ABD + in Firefox
uBlock in chrome

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.