What apps for Android security?

rigor

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2016
I just switched from an iPhone 6 Plus to a Samsung A5. I have never really cared much about the security on my android phones but I should. Can you recommend me some good apps to increase my security?

I have already encrypted the phone and have remote wipe on.

Reactions: Alkajak

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I find that DR.WEB mobile security or Sophos mobile security finds more stuff in real world than most and they are free.

Reactions: Logethica

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Play store has has had a little bit of a history with having malware infected apps though.
Indeed, and this is why it is impetative to wait a while after an app is initially released for the Google editors to analyze it for suspicious behavior, and generally only download apps with a high download count

General rule for Android security (in NON-rooted phones) is to only allow installation of apps from trusted sources and only install apps from the official Google Play Store, though you should also be careful about your browsing habits as well.

rigor

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2016
though you should also be careful about your browsing habits as well.

That is probably my biggest worry, is there actually working adblockers for Android? There was none to my knowledge on iOS. There is always pop-up ads when you browse the web on Android in my experience.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
That is probably my biggest worry, is there actually working adblockers for Android? There was none to my knowledge on iOS. There is always pop-up ads when you browse the web on Android in my experience.

A simple way is to just avoid those type of siotres. That way sites that need e revenue don't get hurt. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.