Status
Not open for further replies.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
when I tried HMP.A it didn't behave like an anti-exe. It just allowed almost everything to run :confused:
Did you fully investigate the settings and dig around under the hood, it's there for you to see if your looking.
I said anti exe I meant anti Exploit, but I fixed it. Its very obvious its geared more favoring the Exploit protection side ;)

Evjl's Rain

Level 45
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Did you fully investigate the settings and dig around under the hood, it's there for you to see if your looking.
I said anti exe I meant anti Exploit, but I fixed it. Its very obvious its geared more favoring the Exploit protection side ;)
oh nnow I understand. I agree HMPA is an antiexploit and antiransomware + other features.
I dont know if I digged around the settings deep enough. I followed MT tweaking guide with a few more changes

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
I love HMPA because of its uniqueness, but I can buy a Lifetime key for VoodooShield, which I have.
I have one for WAR & MBAM as well, it would be nice to be able to buy one for HMPA.
If they are not going to offer them I have other solutions I can rely on that do offer
lifetime activations. I keep renewing based mostly on HMPA's cool approach and that
Uniqueness I mentioned.

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Zemana made a clone of HMP.
ZAM v1 was a rebrand of HMP (they sold our HMP with a different UI we made for them).
Zemana then made an almost 1:1 copy of HMP with ZAM v2 without informing us. They even admitted to this fact:
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Think about giving support to companies that work like that.
Why did you not file a complaint against Zemana ?
Wow I would not have imagined
@Erik Loman anyway those facts date in 2015 , how things are going now ? Still basically same products ?

Actually I am getting confused anyway.
Sorry of course I can't read all 92 forum pages , but in the first post they said they use 10 AV engines
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

So fortunately they are not exactly the same thing . Yeah scan method ,colours and so on , but not 1:1 ( unless you was referring to UI ). In case I understood wrongly I say sorry . Thank you .

mal1

Level 4
Kaspersky too?!
When scanning with Hitmanpro, I recall seeing a list of engines, Dr Web, Ikraus, Emsisoft and Gdata.
I think Emsisoft uses Bitdefender. Is Kaspersky used by any of the others? I don't know much about Ikraus, Dr.Web and G data.

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
So fortunately they are not exactly the same thing . Yeah scan method ,colours and so on , but not 1:1 ( unless you was referring to UI ). In case I understood wrongly I say sorry . Thank you .
I believe Zemana AntiMalware 2 is completely different to HitmanPro, it's evolved a lot since early releases. HitmanPro relies on Alert for protection in real-time, whilst Zemana AntiMalware has real-time built-in with Pandora's Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.