Advice Request What are HitmanPro engines ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Zemana made a clone of HMP.
ZAM v1 was a rebrand of HMP (they sold our HMP with a different UI we made for them).
Zemana then made an almost 1:1 copy of HMP with ZAM v2 without informing us. They even admitted to this fact:
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Think about giving support to companies that work like that.
Why did you not file a complaint against Zemana ?

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
ZAM v1 was a rebrand of HMP (they sold our HMP with a different UI we made for them).
Zemana then made an almost 1:1 copy of HMP with ZAM v2 without informing us. They even admitted to this fact:

Wow I would not have imagined

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
when I tried HMP.A it didn't behave like an anti-exe. It just allowed almost everything to run :confused:
Did you fully investigate the settings and dig around under the hood, it's there for you to see if your looking.
I said anti exe I meant anti Exploit, but I fixed it. Its very obvious its geared more favoring the Exploit protection side ;)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Did you fully investigate the settings and dig around under the hood, it's there for you to see if your looking.
I said anti exe I meant anti Exploit, but I fixed it. Its very obvious its geared more favoring the Exploit protection side ;)
oh nnow I understand. I agree HMPA is an antiexploit and antiransomware + other features.
I dont know if I digged around the settings deep enough. I followed MT tweaking guide with a few more changes

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I love HMPA because of its uniqueness, but I can buy a Lifetime key for VoodooShield, which I have.
I have one for WAR & MBAM as well, it would be nice to be able to buy one for HMPA.
If they are not going to offer them I have other solutions I can rely on that do offer
lifetime activations. I keep renewing based mostly on HMPA's cool approach and that
Uniqueness I mentioned.

Last edited:

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

Why did you not file a complaint against Zemana ?

Wow I would not have imagined

@Erik Loman anyway those facts date in 2015 , how things are going now ? Still basically same products ?

Actually I am getting confused anyway.
Sorry of course I can't read all 92 forum pages , but in the first post they said they use 10 AV engines

So fortunately they are not exactly the same thing . Yeah scan method ,colours and so on , but not 1:1 ( unless you was referring to UI ). In case I understood wrongly I say sorry . Thank you .

mal1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2015
Kaspersky too?!
When scanning with Hitmanpro, I recall seeing a list of engines, Dr Web, Ikraus, Emsisoft and Gdata.
I think Emsisoft uses Bitdefender. Is Kaspersky used by any of the others? I don't know much about Ikraus, Dr.Web and G data.

Reactions: JB007

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
So fortunately they are not exactly the same thing . Yeah scan method ,colours and so on , but not 1:1 ( unless you was referring to UI ). In case I understood wrongly I say sorry . Thank you .
I believe Zemana AntiMalware 2 is completely different to HitmanPro, it's evolved a lot since early releases. HitmanPro relies on Alert for protection in real-time, whilst Zemana AntiMalware has real-time built-in with Pandora's Cloud.

Reactions: JB007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.