Advice Request What are HitmanPro engines ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Sophos and HitmanPro forensic engine

Hi! May I ask a questions ? When you say kasper for example , what version you mean ? KIS or for example kasper rescue disk? Or all the versions as the same engine ?

I ask because I realise that if Hitman already use kasper engine, maybe it is useless to use kasper as removal tool ( I wrote removal tool, I now kasper , like others , ha many other settings / tools of protection )

Or maybe I should say detect tool

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Hi! May I ask a questions ? When you say kasper for example , what version you mean ? KIS or for example kasper rescue disk? Or all the versions as the same engine ?
it uses the kaspersky security network, bitdefender secure cloud and sophos cloud for signatures and the HMP forensic tool hunts down suspicious looking files and scans them in the cloud using those 3 cloud databases. Although Personally I would use the Trend Micro smart protection network over BD secure cloud

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

I ask because I realise that if Hitman already use kasper engine, maybe it is useless to use kasper as removal tool ( I wrote removal tool, I now kasper , like others , ha many other settings / tools of protection )
I presume it's the signature detection engine of Kaspersky. :)

Dirk41

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Yeah then I edited , I should have said detection tool.

So it is not the same to run Hitman or all the other AV .

( not contesting Hitman reliability, just understanding how things work... This is the same for all others product that use also other signature databases)

Thank you

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah then I edited , I should have said detection tool.

So it is not the same to run Hitman or all the other AV .

( not contesting Hitman reliability, just understanding how things work... This is the same for all others product that use also other signature databases)

Thank you
You can say that HMP is comparable to ZAM/ZAL due to their use of multiple engines to detect through on-demand scanning. Of course, their in-house engines are the ones different.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
You can say that HMP is comparable to ZAM/ZAL due to their use of multiple engines to detect through on-demand scanning. Of course, their in-house engines are the ones different.
Zemana made a clone of HMP.
ZAM v1 was a rebrand of HMP (they sold our HMP with a different UI we made for them).
Zemana then made an almost 1:1 copy of HMP with ZAM v2 without informing us. They even admitted to this fact:
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Think about giving support to companies that work like that.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Zemana made a clone of HMP.
ZAM v1 was a rebrand of HMP (they sold our HMP with a different UI we made for them).
Zemana then made an almost 1:1 copy of HMP with ZAM v2 without informing us. They even admitted to this fact:
Zemana AntiMalware 2 BETA

Think about giving support to companies that work like that.
Makes sense seeing how secret they keep their engines, it would be a big tell tale sign. Wow
I like HMPA far better though you don't leach my internet.
But I have to admit your the only solution I use that requires me to, year after year keep purchasing.
I run a strictly Sig-free config and I am proud to have your product a part of that. ;)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I wonder why HMP.A doesn't have real-time cloud scanning/protection like zemana premium? Any technical limitation or is it prone to false positives?
If HMP.A has this, it will help a lot to strengthen other signature-based AVs

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I wonder why HMP.A doesn't have real-time cloud scanning/protection like zemana premium? Any technical limitation or is it prone to false positives?
If HMP.A has this, it will help a lot to strengthen other signature-based AVs
You do realize that HMPA is more of an Anti-exe / Anti Exploit and thats explains the no cloud approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.