Troubleshoot What are some Android Emulators for PC?

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
A word of caution.
I used an android emulator a couple of months ago and set up a google email account just for the soul purpose of the emulator, and 2 days ago i tried accessing that account and google shut it down saying that it had been used in breech of their terms and conditions!
So, if you do want to use an emulator please dont give them your main gmail account, just make one up!

Upvote 0

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Have you tried Bluestacks?
Newer version is awesome I'm using to play some fav games
Bluestack design and performance as expected :D
bluestack is the slowest emulator I have ever tried. On the same celeron laptop, marvel future fight has a low FPS while Memu has high FPS. Furthermore, memu supports hardware virtualization which helps memu to use more resources than the others (more than 1 core) => a lot faster than without virtualization

when using Memu, enabling hardware-virtualization is a must in order to get much higher performance

NOTE: hphosts (malwarebytes) listed bluestack website as malicious because they distribute malwares
https://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=www.bluestacks.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Syafiq

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Well.... I don't know why norton Safe Web prevented the webpage from loading:
Screenshot (4).png
Here is the full report: Report for androidcrush.com | Norton Safe Web

Reactions: Evjl's Rain
Upvote 0

surf_worm

Level 1
Verified
May 19, 2018
i got no idea as to how this is relevent but i use bluestack to play some games and recently i enabled the play protect feature in the play store and it detected a app called "Test" as a miner and deleted that app...i never installed it other then the few games that i play and i didnt find that app called as Test on my phone that has the same games...so just guessing that it came with bluestack...am not really sure...

Upvote 0

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
i got no idea as to how this is relevent but i use bluestack to play some games and recently i enabled the play protect feature in the play store and it detected a app called "Test" as a miner and deleted that app...i never installed it other then the few games that i play and i didnt find that app called as Test on my phone that has the same games...so just guessing that it came with bluestack...am not really sure...

Blusestack used to install sponsored apps on its own in background. Don't know whether it still does the same or not. But to install a miner...:eek:. Recently, Andy packed miner to its installer & after a while they also rolled-back that. May be bluestack is playing the same game differently.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.