Question What are the best options for fast and secure VPN's?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
I just use the Norton one, included in my Norton360 subcscription, good speeds and for the one or two torrents i download its perfect.
It uses the Wireguard protocol.

Reactions: Nevi and Moonhorse

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
It depends in your country, please mention it that would be helpful.

Mine Adguard VPN and Surfshark i use them its good speed when i change the server so they both chose same country server on both which faster server like low ms nearly my real IP address it's really good.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018

Mine Adguard VPN and Surfshark i use them its good speed when i change the server so they both chose same country server on both which faster server like low ms nearly my real IP address it's really good.
wich speeds you get with adguard? I got really poorly with my isps giving 100/60 adguard gave me 20/20

Reactions: Nevi

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
wich speeds you get with adguard? I got really poorly with my isps giving 100/60 adguard gave me 20/20
Mine internet speed sucks lol, well Adguard VPN with Protocol own. and Adguard DNS (not Default).
I think almost same speed as 30 without VPN and 27-28 with VPN
You can try check settings on the Protocol and DNS

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Mine internet speed sucks lol, well Adguard VPN with Protocol own. and Adguard DNS (not Default).
I think almost same speed as 30 without VPN and 27-28 with VPN
You can try check settings on the Protocol and DNS
even the speedtest results werent great, the speed was as fast as normally so i guess adguard is good to go with

Reactions: Nevi
F

ForgottenSeer 97327

My ISP contract is 200 down and 30 up. Tests are with my wife's laptop (ground floor with only one thick concrete wall from router). At first floor (my desktop) I loose around 15% internet speed because the WIFI signal has to go through an additional (thick isolated double) concrete floor and two thin 10 cm aerated concrete walls. This is quite common in Dutch building using thick "system/prefab" concrete elements for supporting walls and floor/ceiling and thin aerated blocks for separation/inner walls. Also quite common in Holland is that any WIFI device picks up over 20 interfering WIFI networks (17 million people living on an area what is about 2/3 the surface of West Virginia or Tasmania).

Upper left = ISP, left below = NextDNS + BulletVPN(ams), upper right = Next+Bullet (fra), lower right - Next + Bullet (par)
1697698729855.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow

Lad With a Dad

Thread author
Oct 8, 2023

My bad! I'm in the UK. I also appreciate all of the suggestions and information provided by everyone in the replies, thanks.

Reactions: CyberTech

Lad With a Dad

Thread author
Oct 8, 2023
@Lad With a Dad as Digmor Crusher said, more and more websites are detecting VPNs, so it's not a Nord issue. If you have a paid version, stick with it, I use Nord as well as F-Secure Total's onboard VPN. Both work nicely, Nord does have some nice features, though.
Quick question. I've seen people recommend f-secure a lot in regard to antivirus and then some more with the onboard VPN, but why are the reviews so bad elsewhere? I looked at their website on trustpilot which was previously claimed and after pretty much nothing but negative reviews they unclaimed their profile rather than address the negativity. I'm not hating, I'm just curious as to why it's highly recommended on the forum but has negativity outside of it.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Quick question. I've seen people recommend f-secure a lot in regard to antivirus and then some more with the onboard VPN, but why are the reviews so bad elsewhere? I looked at their website on trustpilot which was previously claimed and after pretty much nothing but negative reviews they unclaimed their profile rather than address the negativity. I'm not hating, I'm just curious as to why it's highly recommended on the forum but has negativity outside of it.
I have no idea, but we're speaking from our experience here on the forum. If you're concerned, there are other options like Avast, ESET, Norton, Kaspersky, and one or two others I'm missing, that get good reviews here. Use what you feel you'll have greater peace with, do some more research here as well as online.

As far as Nord, if you have a paid subscription, even though they are going the way of heavy advertising and extra features (maybe getting into the realm of "bloatware") keep using it until you renew or want to try something else. it still has excellent speeds, RAM servers, and a good no-log privacy policy as far as I know.

edit: and maybe it has to do with that we may be a little more alert and aware about what we're doing online, downloads, etc than other "casual" users?

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.