What Are Your Favorite Security Forums?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Only here, people are very friendly, informative whilst remaining objective and i like that. They even have time for the less security conscious like myself ;)

+1 on this. My main forum since members are forgiving of more casual users while still being extremely helpful. And we have some FUN. But I scan others occasionally for tidbits.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Indeed, the moderator wrote to me, after removing my posts: No links, no jokes, no feelings allowed on the forum, just facts. :sneaky:
Oh, I can understand that.
Wilder is a diligent classmate. When there is a question which I do not understand by study, he becomes a good counselor. But he will not respond to catch balls or joke invitations.:sneaky:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Although I obviously love MT (which is Home), but I have to come somewhat to the defense of Wilders. As long as one realizes that many posters there tend to believe what they are told by AV Vendors and Pro Testing sites (a logical fallacy known as "argumentum ad verecundiam"), one can get useful information. Just think for yourself when viewing a Post and you'll be OK.

And as far as Post suppression is concerned, God knows that I've been a bit Over the Top on a number of occasions and still have never been questioned by the Mods.

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
This forum still but I been noticing the quality has been dropping here too recently. I expected it to happen though. It always does once they invade it.

Reactions: jadinolf

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
I registered an account on Wildersecurity, but they are not allowing me to post. They don't approve any of my posts. I can't even PM anyone. It's like I'm banned, but I can see the forums, so I don't know what's going on. :unsure:
I had a similar experience, I assume all accounts are moderated to a certain amount of posts but they approved so little of my posts it was useless.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I registered an account on Wildersecurity, but they are not allowing me to post. They don't approve any of my posts. I can't even PM anyone. It's like I'm banned, but I can see the forums, so I don't know what's going on. :unsure:
That explains a lot, I have not seen any new members in months. I believe, they want it to whither and die. They even lock threads, where people ask normal questions saying, that it was answered before, but they keep forgetting, that products and services keep getting updated, so referring to posts from years ago, just will not do. Anyway I left it for good, since with theirs recent policy, there is really nothing to add/comment about.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019

I had the same experience. After an hour my posts always just disappear. Even when I responded to someone asking for help with EA Origin with a simple helpful answer. I wrote them and asked what the issue was and if I had done something wrong. I got no response. So I just browse Wilder’s for the info and the discount thread.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
My favorite: Tech PowerUp. I'm read-only (gasp) but the collective knowledge of all things computer hardware is amazing. I also use one of their proprietary software--that being gpu-z. Good stuff.

MalwareTips is awesome (of course), but hey, Wilders posts a lot of informative and interesting articles, and some of the forum members are truly good-hearted. You know who the chaff is from the wheat pretty quickly.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
My favorite: Tech PowerUp. I'm read-only (gasp) but the collective knowledge of all things computer hardware is amazing. I also use one of their proprietary software--that being gpu-z. Good stuff.

MalwareTips is awesome (of course), but hey, Wilders posts a lot of informative and interesting articles, and some of the forum members are truly good-hearted. You know who the chaff is from the wheat pretty quickly.

Just to be clear I have no beef with Wilders, I just wish they’d let me post. I find it very informative.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.