What Are Your Favorite Security Forums?

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Since I am from Russia, I’ll write the forum on computer security that hardly anyone has heard of here, so I’ll tell you in more detail, suddenly someone will be interested. This is a forum of comss.ru I came there 5 years ago and am still there. As in any forum, there are old-timers, trolls, just anti-virus fans. It’s convenient that there are all security programs there - from antiviruses to system images, everything is sorted by category, the administration uploads new versions of programs to their servers every day as soon as they come out (sometimes even earlier than on the official website of the program upload). The people there actively help in solving problems, if someone has a question, they can share a real license for almost any program (but this is only through e-mail, it is prohibited on the forum itself), promotions, competitions are held. In general, a normal forum, with the ability to always update all your software without climbing onto official sites :) There is also a full-time, so to speak, antivirus tester on the forum. He takes the test on video and uploads it on the site and on YouTube. By the way, it was there that I learned about MalwareTips, as some users of the comss mentioned this forum in their comments :)
Soon there will be a year as I am here on MalwarerTips, and here too has its own atmosphere, and good people. I like that there are many categories and everything is clearly located.
I’ll also mention one Russian forum where users with a level of knowledge of computer security (and generally computers) communicate “above average”. This is a forum.ru-board.com I read material there and more or less understand what they are writing about :)
Well, there is a portal where just “computer geeks” communicate, people who know about hacking, programming, etc. This is a habr.com I read material there, but I don’t understand anything about what they write :)

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Wilder is a great forum with very informed people .. But I see it too strict, that's why I've never considered registering, (I'm staying with MT)(y)
Wilders is now trash, reason some vendors left like ESET. Now it is just populated by fanboys, software-hoppers or by the same 3 guys debating on every new threats.

When i was tired with MT, I stayed there for a while, Wilders is moderated by bunch of old pussies that target and moderate you when your posts differs from their opinion or hurt their little sensibility even if it is not violating the rules. And when you ask them why, they kept silent...then I requested deletion of my account and went back here, even if MT isn't perfect and has its flaws, but at least you have some freedom of speech.

I wish MT's moderation focuses more on what the contents are instead of how they are presented or the tone used.
MT lost some very knowledgeable people because usually those have strong personalities and tones and can't bear idiotic and erroneous statements.

Skilled people are often arrogant because they usually know better and are right most of the time, like some sport champions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Wilders is now trash, reason some vendors left like ESET. Now it is just populated by fanboys, software-hoppers or by the same 3 guys debating on every new threats.

When i was tired with MT, I stayed there for a while, it (Wilders) is moderated by bunch of old pussies ...

Laughing.... pretty harsh Umbra. But sorta true...

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018

When i was tired with MT, I stayed there for a while, Wilders is moderated by bunch of old pussies that target and moderate you when your posts differs from their opinion or hurt their little sensibility even if it is not violating the rules. And when you ask them why, they kept silent...then I requested deletion of my account and went back here, even if MT isn't perfect and has its flaws, but at least you have some freedom of speech.

I wish MT's moderation focuses more on what the contents are instead of how they are presented or the tone used.
MT lost some very knowledgeable people because usually those have strong personalities and tones and can't bear idiotic and erroneous statements.

Skilled people are often arrogant because they usually know better and are right most of the time, like some sport champions.

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Who pissed in your cereal this morning?
No one, call me Geralt lol.
In fact, I hate puritan and politically correct people especially those thinking because they are seniors they know better... and there, I discovered too late, they are in charge.

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
bleepingcomputer is a very good one, unfortunately their main audience and participants are the very average joes, so technical discussions are rare.
I'm on Bleeping Computer (currently going through their Malware Removal Training Program) and have to agree that there are very few technical discussions going on there. The site has a pretty big user base but most of them are inactive. I wish that wasn't the case.

@carsten ibsen That's a pretty nice list! I'll have to check them out. Out of the ones you listed, which are the most active?

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I was registered with InfoSpyware, but they updated the forum and all users are asked to register again. I am not going to do it because they have eliminated the power to comment and have no speech topics. It is a forum for assistance to newbies who become infected and only moderators are responsible for solving the problems. For what I have stopped attending.:)

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
No one, call me Geralt lol.
In fact, I hate puritan and politically correct people especially those thinking because they are seniors they know better... and there, I discovered too late, they are in charge.

Well I agree with you about the insanity of political correctness, the world is becoming dumber because of it. However, age has nothing to do with it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.