What AV to choose?

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I really like avast! but I have a free keycode for Webroot from Broncos (for 6 months). I removed avast! and installed Webroot, but I don't know if Webroot is a better AV than avast!. If you were in my shoes what would you choose, avast! or Webroot?

Thanks guys!
Neither - you do not just need them.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Try Webroot (standalone) for 6 months and see how it goes. No need multiple layers of the same protection, there are no benefits.

Reactions: King Alpha

King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Why Qihoo wants to uninstall Shadow Defender before I can continue its installation?

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
While it can help prevent some things, common sense doesn't always operate at full efficiency at certain times of the day. For example: clever social engineering, real-life phishing scams, or low awareness.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
While it can help prevent some things, common sense doesn't always operate at full efficiency at certain times of the day. For example: clever social engineering, real-life phishing scams, or low awareness.
People should just think smart then.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
OK. Which link would be genuine?

1. Download
2. Download

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
OK. Which link would be genuine?

1. Download
2. Download
That's too easy. C'mon. PM me if you know the answer, I got an Umbra IS 1976 license key good for another year (they just don't make 'em like they used to).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's nothing to do with AdBlock, actually there is no one single correct answer.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.