What Books are you reading / planning to read right now?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Not unrelated at all as it's also posted in the general chat section/forum. (y)

My best guess it's not really the majority of this place that does. Not on a regular base anyway, but some do and for those and maybe a few curios others a thread like this would/could be helpful.

Personal I'm too used with actual hardcover books and tried for years e-books. Nope, I prefer a real one. Fits better over my face when it's nap time then a damn phone or a tablet. It also comes automatic without any of those annoying sounds and notifications and I don't need to worry about the battery. 😌 But, I do order/buy them mostly online as it's also pleasant getting a package now and then.

Might go with this one as I also saw it on almost 50% discount in another store.

Use this site for ISBN searches.

Last edited:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
The children's version of the pictorial book should not be underestimated. It's very easy to understand.:giggle::coffee:
1106819803_3_sub3_l.jpg

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
A virus called Wuhan-400 causes outbreak … in a Dean Koontz thriller from 1981. How is it that some books appear to prophesy events?
by Kate Whitehead
  • The Eyes of Darkness features a Chinese military lab in Wuhan that creates a virus as a bioweapon; civilians soon become sick after accidentally contracting it
  • In fact, the one lab in China able to handle the deadliest viruses is in Wuhan and helped sequence the novel coronavirus the world is currently battling
Published: 6:21pm, 13 Feb, 2020
Updated: 7:08pm, 13 Feb, 2020

In bestselling suspense author Dean Koontz’s 1981 thriller The Eyes of Darkness, a virus to be used as a biological weapon is developed in Wuhan, China, but humans end up contracting it. Photo: Shutterstock

In bestselling suspense author Dean Koontz’s 1981 thriller The Eyes of Darkness, a virus to be used as a biological weapon is developed in Wuhan, China, but humans end up contracting it. Photo: Shutterstock

The Eyes of Darkness

, a 1981 thriller by bestselling suspense author Dean Koontz, tells of a Chinese military lab that creates a virus as part of its biological weapons programme. The lab is located in Wuhan, which lends the virus its name, Wuhan-400. A chilling literary coincidence or a case of writer as unwitting prophet?
In The Eyes of Darkness, a grieving mother, Christina Evans, sets out to discover whether her son Danny died on a camping trip or if – as suspicious messages suggest – he is still alive. She eventually tracks him down to a military facility where he is being held after being accidentally contaminated with man-made microorganisms created at the research centre in Wuhan.
If that made the hair on the back of your neck stand up, read this passage from the book: “It was around that time that a Chinese scientist named Li Chen moved to the United States while carrying a floppy disk of data from China’s most important and dangerous new biological weapon of the past decade. They call it Wuhan-400 because it was developed in their RDNA laboratory just outside the city of Wuhan.”
In another strange coincidence, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which houses China’s only level four biosafety laboratory, the highest-level classification of labs that study the deadliest viruses, is just 32km from the epicentre of the current coronavirus outbreak. The opening of the maximum-security lab was covered in a 2017 story in the journal Nature, which warned of safety risks in a culture where hierarchy trumps an open culture....

Fringe conspiracy theories that the coronavirus involved in the current outbreak appears to be man-made and likely escaped from the Wuhan virology lab have been circulated, but have been widely debunked. In fact the lab was one of the first to sequence the coronavirus.

In Koontz’s thriller, the virus is considered the “perfect weapon” because it only affects humans and, since it cannot survive outside the human body for longer than a minute, it does not demand expensive decontamination once a population is wiped out, allowing the victors to roll in and claim a conquered territory....

- read more: on scmp.com: Wuhan virus in 1981 Dean Koontz novel a coronavirus coincidence

he knew

Last edited by a moderator:

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Reading python Crash Course_ A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming /Code Complete- A Practical Handbook of Software Construction
plan to read:Refactoring- Improving the Design of Existing Code/Introduction to Algorithms, Third Edition /Python Cookbook, 3rd Edition- Recipes for Mastering Python 3 /The Art of Software Testing, 3rd Edition :) :)

Handsome Recluse

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
Reading python Crash Course_ A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming /Code Complete- A Practical Handbook of Software Construction
plan to read:Refactoring- Improving the Design of Existing Code/Introduction to Algorithms, Third Edition /Python Cookbook, 3rd Edition- Recipes for Mastering Python 3 /The Art of Software Testing, 3rd Edition :) :)
Woah! Lots of Pythons there. I'll do be careful around you lest they will bite.

F

ForgottenSeer 78429

Theory of Machines and Mechanisms
John J. Uicker, Jr., Gordon R. Pennock, and Joseph E. Shigley
ISBN: 9780190264482
Capture2.JPG

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.