Advice Request What Browser Extensions are you using in 2022?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Anyone here using this?

Its recommended addon in Firefox as well:
1649606913159.png

I only use it for this setting:
1649606935728.png

and
1649606945065.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
I recently replaced Decentraleyes and Local CDN with a new player in the game: JSLibCache. The concept behind it is way more intuitive and far less prone to breakage:

A more dynamic version of Decentraleyes / LocalCDN where the Javascript libraries (and CSS / fonts) are downloaded once from the CDN and then stored locally forever.

I have tested it for the past 5 days and it's working well so far. Just uncheck "Block unknown Google fonts" if you like most sites to use their custom web fonts.

Other extensions (all of my extensions are compatible with uBlock Origin):

-CSS Exfill Protection
-Auto Cookie Optout + CookieBlock (they work well together)
-Etag Stoppa
-uBlacklist (subscribe to Spam Domains)
-SponsorBlock

Last edited:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Ooo, nice thread. Here, Firefox is the solo browser. If it croaks, I have another browser in my downloads.

I don't know that disabled extensions pose any threat so...

1. uBlock Origin with 3/4 of the default lists active, plus one import (CNAME) and several custom filters
2. Another Skip Redirect user here.
3. Trace
4. Bypass Paywalls Clean (disabled until needed)
5. Save webP as PNG or JPEG (disabled until needed)

Not using YouTube Enhancer--videos play fine in Sandboxie-- no ads and nags are very infrequent.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Anyone here using this?

Its recommended addon in Firefox as well:
Yeah, I've been using it for almost 3 years, I think. Auto playback quality and auto expand the video player are the reasons I use it. YouTube's default media view is too small for my liking, and the theater mode is weird as it doesn't make use of the empty vertical space. The expand mode option of this extension is the perfect one for me.

My extension in Edge:
1) uBlock Origin/Adguard
2) Enhancer for YouTube
3) SponsorBlock for YouTube - Skip Sponsorships
4) McAfee® WebAdvisor when I'm using Microsoft Defender (Which I do most of the time).

Extra: Bitwarden, Bypass Paywalls Clean, Dark Reader, VT4Browsers. These are disabled, and I only enable them when required.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Yeah, I've been using it for almost 3 years, I think. Auto playback quality and auto expand the video player are the reasons I use it. YouTube's default media view is too small for my liking, and the theater mode is weird as it doesn't make use of the empty vertical space. The expand mode option of this extension is the perfect one for me.

My extension in Edge:
1) uBlock Origin/Adguard
2) Enhancer for YouTube
3) SponsorBlock for YouTube - Skip Sponsorships
4) McAfee® WebAdvisor when I'm using Microsoft Defender (Which I do most of the time).

Extra: Bitwarden, Bypass Paywalls Clean, Dark Reader, VT4Browsers. These are disabled, and I only enable them when required.
HAve you tried Improve YouTube? 'Improve YouTube!' (Video & YouTube Tools)🎧

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
My Safari extensions:

screen.png

-uBlacklist (subscribed to Spam Domains)
-Hush (anti-pop up/cookies/tracking)
-Neo Noir (dark mode)
-SponsorBlock
-Convusic (converts song links to your streaming service)

I have to say Safari has the smallest and youngest extension store but the extensions that are available are so high quality already. Noir/Neo Noir work so much better than Dark Reader and Convusic literally has no equivalent on Chromium/Firefox. The

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Since I've switched to Catsxp, which is a fork of Brave, I'm only using four extensions. I'm not using any adblockers other than the included Catsxp/Brave Shields. Catsxp very recently removed Brave's default filter lists, so I had to add them manually.
  • Fakespot - Checks for fake reviews on Amazon, Walmart etc
  • FastForward - Bypasses link shortners
  • F.B. Purity - Removes ads and add functionality to Facebook
  • IDM - Used by Internet Download Manager
I like the Fakespot extension a lot. Not only does it check for fake reviews, it also checks to see if eBay sellers are trustworthy and when you visit some shopping sites, it will look for reviews of the site and tell if there may be issues with the seller.

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Oct 14, 2021
Hi, standard browser: Chrome.
Extensions: Lastpass+Grammarly+Google Translate+Https Everywhere+NordVPN+Adguard Browser Assistent+Bitdefender Antitracker+Virusscanner+Super Dark Mode+Pushbullet Premium & Speedtest.Net.
Other Browsers: Opera+Pale Moon+Vivaldi+Brave & Edge.
Thanks.:)

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I use the Avast Chromium-based browser with these:

Country Flags & IP Whois - shows me a little icon of the country flag of the server location for whatever site I am on. If I go on my bank or credit card's site and see a different flag other than the USA, I know I am in trouble.

Ublock Origin on default settings

The built-in adblocker in the Avast browser looks to be based in AdGuard and works well. I only added Ublock to get rid of pesky ads on msn.com and a couple of music sites.

Adblocker for Facebook, although right now I am seriously considering ditching Facebook once and for all.

Dark Mode

Font Rendering Enhancer - helps the gray font on some sites look a little more readable.

Audio Equalizer - better sound for Youtube, Pandora and Iheart.

All of these except the Avast built in adblocker are from the Chrome Web Store. They all work really well with the Avast browser. I use these same extensions minus the Avast ad blocker when I use Edge too. I don't use Edge very often now though.

C.H.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.