Advice Request What Browser Extensions are you using in 2022?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I recently made a few changes myself. I dropped the Avast browser and AV not long after I tried them out. I just don't know what either one is up to. I am back to using Edge as my default browser, in Edge I use these:

Country Flags and IP Whois, it shows a flag icon of the country where the server is located for websites
Dark Mode, it will put any site in a nice readable dark mode when my eyes are tired
Malwarebytes Browser Guard, seems to do what it advertises, blocks trackers, some ads and scams without having to use the entire MBAM program
I tried out Ad Blocker Ultimate a few weeks ago, it does a great job, blocks ads everywhere including Facebook but is easier to use and understand than Ublock.
Webmail Adblocker, it blocks the ads in Yahoo email, also closes the side panel so I see the entire inbox, it also blocks ads in Gmail

I use these same extensions in Chrome, also added the MS Defender extension for Chrome. I use Web Font Rendering and the new Chrome Font Super Enhancer, they help some text look better. I also use the Audio Equalizer from the chrome store, it is a good basic audio equalizer and is also the only one I have found that works with Pandora. As far as security related extensions, I think less is better.

C.H.

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
*Firefox*
  1. Flafox
  2. uBlock Origin
*Edge*
  1. Alternate Tab Order
  2. Empty New Tab Page
  3. Enable right click
  4. Force Background Tab
  5. IP Domain Country Flag
  6. Translate Selected Text 2
  7. uBlock Origin

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I don't care about cookies (Get rid of cookie warnings from almost all websites!)
Microsoft Outlook (Windows notifications, read or delete emails without opening Outlook)
Cookie AutoDelete (cleans cache, cookies, indexedDB, localstorage, plugindata, service workers)
Selection Search (use the right-click menu to search for selected text in any search engines)

I stopped using adblocker altogether, nextdns suffices. I replaced Enhancer for YouTube with Brave browser, it blocks youtube ads and that is all I need.
I use Outlook extension, because it works without me being logged into outlook, and cookie stealers have recently became a thing, even abusing 2FA/MFA.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
. I replaced Enhancer for YouTube with Brave browser, it blocks youtube ads and that is all I need.
Not for long I would be willing to bet, they probably had a team working on that by 7:00 am this morning 👀 :sneaky:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: plat

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.