Battle What companion should I add to ESET Internet Security?

pokee

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 4, 2018
All posts must be made in English with proper spelling and punctuation.
Help me decide whats better for me. I was a Kaspersky Internet Security & Malwarebytes fan for long time. However I've replaced Kaspersky 2018 due to a lot of issues with Windows 10 - heats drives + loads on processors. ..
I know that the solution would be to switch back to Windows 7 but I can't. So I've replaced Kaspersky with ESET Internet security 11...and those issues are gone...

Now after I installed ESET...i would like to add a combo with it as 2nd option ...

Anyone can help me with that ?

Last edited by a moderator:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
ESET's got a really good firewall, so Comodo is not an obvious choice. Zemana's not as good as it used to be. I think OSAand HPA would be your best bets of these.

However maybe some would think CruelSister configuration of Comodo Firewall is so good you ought to substitute it for ESET firewall anyway, and I would respect that idea.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
When you use a suite, you need nothing else, if you feel the need to add something,then it means you don't trust the suite so ditch it, take the AV version, add what you want.
Not necessary. A suite has many features but not all of them are strong. You can disable its weak feature and replace with a dedicated strong software instead eg. if you feel you need better ransomware protection you can disable the anti-ransomware shield in ESET IS and replace with a dedicated anti-ransomware software or have another anti-ransomware software as a complement as long as there's no compatibility issue

D

Deleted member 178

Not necessary. A suite has many features but not all of them are strong. You can disable its weak feature and replace with a dedicated strong software instead
then i use a better solution if not satisfied. I never use a product if one of its feature will be disabled. It is the reason im still on WD, it is feature-less so i can add any powerful tool i can.

eg. if you feel you need better ransomware protection you can disable the anti-ransomware shield in ESET IS and replace with a dedicated anti-ransomware software or have another anti-ransomware software as a complement as long as there's no compatibility issue
so use a less bloated AV or the version without the said feature then use the tool you prefer.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
then i use a better solution if not satisfied. I never use a product if one of its feature will be disabled. It is the reason im still on WD, it is feature-less so i can add any powerful tool i can.

so use a less bloated AV or the version without the said feature then use the tool you prefer.
Choose the right suite as no suite is perfect in everything. Strengthening its weakness is the way to strengthening your PC System

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
You may try osarmor + voodooshield combo along with eset. Use custom rules for Voodooshield as Voodoo AI is naive at this moment. & if you wish, try to fiddle with simplewall along with your eset firewall, many of us wouldn't like it but trust me it will provide much more control over your network connections. & simplewall may prompt to disable your firewall at first, just don't disable it. Although if you are happy with eset firewall, you don't need it. Use syshardener to tweak your PC, & use good 2nd opinion scanner time to time.

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.