Advice Request What do you guys think about Windscribe VPN (paid version)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4GN4R

Dec 16, 2018
It depends....
You want it to be anonymous from everything or just to not let some services to track you for ads etc?

Reactions: show-Zi

R4GN4R

Dec 16, 2018
The latter because it is almost impossible to be "anonymous from everything".

Then,you could just use an adblocker like "uBlock Origin" and the "DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials" and if you are extreme then you should use a vpn...
What I mean is that it's not worthy to pay a vpn agency just to block services track you and send you ads,you can just put extensions which are free to do this job.

VPNs are most likely to hide your IP from everyone (something that is not very true).
The only thing that paid vpns have is that SOME of them delete logs (as they say) and they do not share your data (as the say, again).

If you want to be hidden from anyone you should use "Tor" which is free and opensource (you have just to use it properly to be hidden from everyone).

I hope I covered you ;)

Last edited:

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I do not use the paid version, I use it for free ... But if you are going to buy I think there are many options, of course, everything depends on the offer you find at this moment. But it is not a bad option.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It's everything I expect from a VPN so it's good. I bought the lifetime license and it was worth it because I get servers that the free users cannot use. Those servers are usually faster and more reliable because there's less traffic on them.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
It's fine. Acceptable speeds, very few connection drops, ad blocking's useful on mobile devices, firewall's absolutely fantastic.
I only ever use it when I'm browsing something I'd rather my ISP not have a record of though, so I can't say how reliable it is if you're using it for things like torrenting or unblocking region-specific services, etc.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
My favourite VPNs are Windscribe, CyberGhost, and Hide.me. But there are many other options. Cyberghost has many, many server locations too. It is located in Romania and Germany. Hide.me is located in Malaysia so both of their jurisdictions are better than Windscribe being in Canada like @Cerberus said.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
It is decent. Windflux server always fail on me. Not too many server either. Only two servers in FL :(. No live chat support. Reddit support response time is the same as ticket support.

Can anyone tell me how good is Windflux server for Netflix? I can't maintain consistent connection to Windflux when I'm using Netflix and things beside Netflix. I wonder if you guys experience the same as I do.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
It is decent. Windflux server always fail on me. Not too many server either. Only two servers in FL :(. No live chat support. Reddit support response time is the same as ticket support.

Can anyone tell me how good is Windflux server for Netflix? I can't maintain consistent connection to Windflux when I'm using Netflix and things beside Netflix. I wonder if you guys experience the same as I do.
That is weird, for me Windflix server has worked every time I use it on Netflix, both UK and USA servers, I have used it quite a few times before. Europe servers are especially good on Windscribe they are fast, I heard some of the Asia servers aren't as fast through such as Philipines, Indonesia, and Argentina even though that is not Asia.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
That is weird, for me Windflix server has worked every time I use it on Netflix, both UK and USA servers, I have used it quite a few times before. Europe servers are especially good on Windscribe they are fast, I heard some of the Asia servers aren't as fast through such as Philipines, Indonesia, and Argentina even though that is not Asia.

2 machines here ( laptop and desktop ) show the same issue. Sometimes, I can't connect to the server, and sometimes I get disconnect randomly then auto reconnect afterward.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
2 machines here ( laptop and desktop ) show the same issue. Sometimes, I can't connect to the server, and sometimes I get disconnect randomly then auto reconnect afterward.
Well sometimes I get disconnections, but that is totally depending on the server. Some server locations I don't get disconnects but others eg, Argentina, Bulgaria, etc every 30 min etc I get disconnected. But for me places like Estonia, Ukraine, Lithuania I pretty much never get disconnects in my case.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Well sometimes I get disconnections, but that is totally depending on the server. Some server locations I don't get disconnects but others eg, Argentina, Bulgaria, etc every 30 min etc I get disconnected. But for me places like Estonia, Ukraine, Lithuania I pretty much never get disconnects in my case.

But in this case, Windscribe has 1 server for US Netflix that is partially working to me.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I bought a lifetime license for it, so far so good.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Reactions: bribon77
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.