Battle What do you recommend me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freuderam

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Hello friends of MT, would you give your opinions!
I have 2 notebook, each of them has a very basic and modest hardware in my view. Use Windows 8.1 updt 1
I am a very careful User, but makes 3 years that I'm not infected, but this share my notebook with some members of my family who are quite laity, nor know the basics ..
UAC enabled and Filter smartcreen like to suggestions antivirus free, good choices on the market that can help me, combined to unchecky + MBA + HitmanPro (Scan): Are they:

I do not like Windows Defender, or avg or comodo :)
Thanks...

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
> ESET NOD32 with Windows Firewall
> Qihoo 360 IS or TS with Windows Firewall
> Avira with Windows Firewall

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Let's see. I saw that you have modest PCs, so I'll recommend to you to install Avast as a free option. If you have UAC enabled, it's far good.
Even if you use IE with SmartScreen,I recommend to have Firefox with AdGuard.
If you want, you may install Emsisoft with Avira, first on-demand scanning only, and the second, as realtime.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Bitdefender Free and Sandboxie = very light and very secure, me thinks.:)

Set Sandboxie to delete on closing your web browser and delete all other web browser icons from your desktop leaving the Sandboxie icon
as the only one for internet access.

Reactions: PVA_BR
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.