What do you want, for my next test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
What do you want, for my next test? but, I did not specify what day I'll test and upload it.
because, it may be busy or other problems.

thanks guys. :heart:

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I want to see your VM infected with the latest version of Rootkit TDL4. Then see if MBAM, HitMan Pro, Dr. Web, TDSS Killer (Kaspersky), GMER, and Bit Defender's TDSS removal tool will remove it. Also, try a couple of popular suites like KIS and NIS and see if they can remove it by all means available to said suites. If you do not have all of those tools at your disposal, humor us and do the best you can. Thanks.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
I have all of that (my toolkit is complete for malware removals, because My job is it). but the problem is my upload speed. my video with the 2-3mins it took me 40mins to finish uploading to youtube.

what you mean, Dejan? :)

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Ok Umbra.
Do it As soon as possible. maybe tomorrow. or this night :)

detection test? how about with new malwares?
I mean, with date range 3-4days ago. OK?

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
karpersky vs eset nod32 vs norton internet security suite vs comodo internet security :) these are popular suite i know it will help many people choose whats best for them :)

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
CAV vs KAV vs NOD32 vs NAV..?
we will see. it can or not ,install 4 AVs in one machine (real machine)
it will BIG match :p

cheers House_maniac.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
Sorry, I forgot to give the details. I'll NOT test Beta programs.
wait fot final. OK?
Cheers Metal ^^

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
win7holic said:

cheers House_maniac.
yup would be cool mate as these are the best security suite i'm sure other people would like to see them tested against each other :) hope you will take it into consideration :p

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
win7holic said:

cheers House_maniac.

From what I understood, you will try and install 4 AV's at the same time on the same machine?

:huh:

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
I'll do. beginning tomorrow or 2 days from this day:
1. Webroot SA vs Panda CAV vs same malwares requested by Umbra.
2. CAV vs KAV vs NOD32 vs NAV requested by House_maniac.
3. Bufferzone requested by NSG001

Tom172 said:
From what I understood, you will try and install 4 AV's at the same time on the same machine?

you're right, tom.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Tom172 said:

win7holic said:
you're right, tom.

Not a good idea. This could lead to conflicts and false results. Even though it's just detection you're testing (I think) it would be wise to install each AV one at a time and revert back to an image and repeat the process.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
but. updates are not at the same time.
as you know, my download speed is also down, just in 60kb/sec max. I do not know why.

Ok I have other plan.
Because, I already test KAV vs NOD32. i'll not do it.
so, NAV vs CAV. ok house_maniac??

P

Plexx

Could you perhaps test with the following 4:
GData;
VIPRE;
Perfect Antivirus (its from Raxco, company who has Perfect Disk) Note: It sure looks like BitDefender or is it just my impression?;
Computer Associates Antivirus 2012 (CA Antivirus 2012).

Thanks,

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
biozfear said:
Could you perhaps test with the following 4:
GData;
VIPRE;
Perfect Antivirus (its from Raxco, company who has Perfect Disk) Note: It sure looks like BitDefender or is it just my impression?;
Computer Associates Antivirus 2012 (CA Antivirus 2012).

Thanks,

Perfect Antivirus (Sorry, but what a terrible name) is just a re-branded version of BitDefender and uses it's engine and GUI. Here's a thread on it:

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-PerfectAntivirus-2012

Not much point in testing it.

win7holic

Thread author
Apr 20, 2011
first point, I'll do WRSA vs PCAV first. then, NAV vs CAV.
others, will be coming soon.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZOU1 said:
I want to see your VM infected with the latest version of Rootkit TDL4. Then see if MBAM, HitMan Pro, Dr. Web, TDSS Killer (Kaspersky), GMER, and Bit Defender's TDSS removal tool will remove it. Also, try a couple of popular suites like KIS and NIS and see if they can remove it by all means available to said suites. If you do not have all of those tools at your disposal, humor us and do the best you can. Thanks.

Agreed I'd like to see that as well. Too see if other AVs can remove what is on the infected PC and then bring back to a stable state.

I like those kinda reviews. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.