What does Vivaldi browser install options means?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I was looking for portable Vivaldi but guess there is no official portable version of Vivaldi.

Vivaldi install options are ---
Per user - For current user on the system.
All users - For all users on the system.
Standalone install - Is this portable install...& completely portable install?

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I was looking for portable Vivaldi but guess there is no official portable version of Vivaldi.

Vivaldi install options are ---
Per user - For current user on the system.
All users - For all users on the system.
Standalone install - Is this portable install...& completely portable install?

I think Standalone means, Offline installer?

Standalone software may refer to:

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
You can try Standalone install, although it may not be completely portable. More info:
Vivaldi Web Browser Community - Vivaldi Forum - Portable Version (1/2)
Thanxx for the link.
I read the complete 2 pages & what I could gather is during install select advanced setup - standalone install - This is portable install but not truly portable i.e move the install folder & there will be probs with running Vivaldi, etc... as its potable install is kind of tied to the initial standalone install location.
So for portable Vivaldi install on the system choose standalone install & select the install location & after install dont move the install folder... you have Vivaldi portable on the system, right Huracan?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, I only use a search engine, Google to find the answers. I use Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
No, I only use a search engine, Google to find the answers. I use Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
By "No" you mean you didn't go through the links & just googled & found the links & posted here for help, right?

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Standalone option was handy. I wanted to move Vivaldi profile and cache folder to my ramdisk and I was about to think that I had to go through the whole shortcut edition process like needed for Chrome but, "Standalon" install option was all I needed, sweet. I checked this option and installed Vivaldi in my ramdisk and the profile and cache where there in my ramdisk. Saved me a lot of time editing shortcuts and using tricky Chrome method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.