What free or paid AV to run along side of COMODO firewall?

What would you pair with COMODO firewall?

• avast! free

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Bitdefender free

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Avira free

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Eset

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Kaspersky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
manmur said:
I use CIS 6 ( set to proactive security with BB set to Full vitalization (Require registry edit)) & Zemana anti-logger free as my real time security.

I also have Malwarebytes and Emsisoft Emergency kit for on demand.

I have Kaspersky Rescue CD for Emergencies.

I also use Firefox with Noscript, WOT, Ad-block plus with Malware-domain list/ Easy List, HTTPS everyware, Better privacy, Do Not Track Me. I also use Norton DNS. I do all of my browsing in COMODO sandbox.

Hello,

I am using CIS 6 with the default settings. I used to use proactive settings. I may go back to it. I never tried the full vitalization. I will have a look into that. I also use Zemana anti-logger free.

I also have MBAM, SAS (rarely run it), & EEK as on demand scanners.

I use Chrome with ad block, WOT, HTTPS everywhere, & do not track me. I am using the COMODO DNS servers. I do all my browsing outside the sandbox.

I will have a look into the whole vitalization thing and maybe start browsing with the sandbox.

We have almost the same set up, but you use Firefox and a few other add ons, haha.

Thanks! :)

Z

ZeroDay

MrExplorer said:
Use BDAV Free + Comodo Firewall.

From what their saying over at Wilders there's currently compatabilty issues between Comodo firewall and Bdav free, A bd rep said it will be corrected in the next programe update.

Edit: I belive the compatabilty problem is between comodo's defense+ and bdav free.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
If it has issues then Don't use it till it is not compaitable with It. BDAV + CFW will be tooo goood.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
I am quite happy with the full COMODO suite. I think the AV is doing just fine for me. But I do like how great BD signatures are, along with it's web guard.

mercurial

Level 6
Oct 3, 2012
Well it all depends on what you are trying to do, if you try to get yourself infected that's a totally different story. For the most part most free basic AV(Avast, MSE, Avira,etc) with Windows Firewall and some good Internet Habit, shall help you remain virus free. Personally you have try everything out yourself and see what suits your need best. I personally use Privatefirewall which i plan to pair with Avira it just suits my needs best.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
MrExplorer said:
Use BDAV Free + Comodo Firewall.

Well I'm now using Bitdefender Internet Security since I just won a key for it! However when I restarted the firewall went nuts and decided to block my connection so had to change a few settings. Was quite weird.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
mercurial said:
Well it all depends on what you are trying to do, if you try to get yourself infected that's a totally different story. For the most part most free basic AV(Avast, MSE, Avira,etc) with Windows Firewall and some good Internet Habit, shall help you remain virus free. Personally you have try everything out yourself and see what suits your need best. I personally use Privatefirewall which i plan to pair with Avira it just suits my needs best.

I've moved on to Bitdefender since won a key for it. It's doing fine so far. :)

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
My favorite combo at the moment is Avast and Comodo Firewall/D+. I don't like IS suites that well, and I find it's a very solid combo. Been trying the Avast 8 on a VM and really liking it.

Malware Man

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Hello,

That is my favorite combo as well. I've tried out version 8 and it looks really good. I like it way better then version 7. Cannot wait for the final release. I will probably end up using it. I rarely get infected so I don't really feel the need for COMODO. I don't trust Windows Defender that's on 8 either. So avast! will do just fine.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Malware Man said:
Hello,

That is my favorite combo as well. I've tried out version 8 and it looks really good. I like it way better then version 7. Cannot wait for the final release. I will probably end up using it. I rarely get infected so I don't really feel the need for COMODO. I don't trust Windows Defender that's on 8 either. So avast! will do just fine.

I use the full suite with the comodo av.Why is the comodo av overlooked and not suggested by members.

D

Deleted member 178

Amiga500 said:
I use the full suite with the comodo av.Why is the comodo av overlooked and not suggested by members.

old belief stating that CAV detection rate is bad... but well informed users knows that CIS is focused on prevention not detection.

tamas970

Mar 22, 2013
I had issues with Trustport. I had to turn off its Application Inspector module, otherwise the system crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.