Advice Request What is a sysprogs storage controller (WinCDEmu)?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg ocelot

Thread author
Sep 7, 2018
when I install a mounting software like WinCDEmu and I try to run ita message pops up that reads
"would you like to install this software" and the "software" is "disc soft ltd storage controller" when I look at WinCDEmu's site and go to their tutorial on installing and running the software I don't see anything about this storage controller message, should I install it?

Reactions: vtqhtr413

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
A screenshot would actually help us to determine what that is.
But since you didn't provide it, I'll just make a wild guess that it's just a driver installation prompt. Virtual drive software require additional driver to work properly.

cyborg ocelot

Thread author
Sep 7, 2018
here
Screenshot (31).png

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
Yup, that's just driver installation prompt. Like I already said, virtual drive software often install additional driver in order to work properly.

It's just standard driver installation prompt. There's nothing to worry about if you got your installer from official or reputable source. If you're still unsure you can scan the installer using virustotal.

Reactions: cyborg ocelot
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.