What is best software for Burning on CD/DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firestr001

Level 2
Jul 22, 2012
I too vote for Ashampoo Burning Studio. You can also try Burnaware .These two have freeware and pro versions.Free should do the work mostly.

CDBurnerXP (FREE)is also a great one which has all features of a pro version for free.though the interface is old it is quite powerful.

Freestudio (FREE)is also goo with a ton of features.

You can grab this giveaway also(VALID till 24th JAN):

http://www.winxdvd.com/giveaway/techsupportalert.htm (sponspored by techsupportalert.com ) Though this isnt a full featured DVD Burning software it can complement the above free softwares for a best set.

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
It depends on what you need to burn and users preferences.

ISO Images- ImgBurn is the best.
Music- There are so many options to choose that will do the same job. But Windows Media Player does a good job.
Pictures And Data- Also has many good options but Windows default burner works good.

Burning software used to be very popular but now most users just use a portable USB device since it is cheaper and more convenient to copy, transfer and reformat data.

Some good free options are:
Ashampoo Burning Studio Free
BurnAware Free
StarBurn
CDBurnerXP
ISO Workshop
ImgBurn
InfraRecorder
CDrtfe

Try them out for yourself and decide which one is best for you. No need to buy a burning software, the freeware are just as good or even better.

Thanks. :D

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
freeware is preferable to me.
Thanks for so much help !!:D:)

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
I too vote for Ashampoo Burning Studio. You can also try Burnaware .These two have freeware and pro versions.Free should do the work mostly.

CDBurnerXP (FREE)is also a great one which has all features of a pro version for free.though the interface is old it is quite powerful.

Freestudio (FREE)is also goo with a ton of features.

You can grab this giveaway also(VALID till 24th JAN):

http://www.winxdvd.com/giveaway/techsupportalert.htm (sponspored by techsupportalert.com ) Though this isnt a full featured DVD Burning software it can complement the above free softwares for a best set.
Very thanks for this answer+giveaway...

Could anyone tell me how to create multisesson disc by Ashampoo Burning Studio(free)?

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I'm using BurnAware Free, it does the job well.
But the most advanced free burning program out there is ImgBurn.

Honorable mention to Ashampoo Burning Studio Free

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

apaul

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
OMG! sooooo much options in just a 1.04mb size. Can it create multisession disces?

EDIT: I FOUND THIS OPTION TOO. THANKS

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've tried ImgBurn and InfraRecorder, but currently use the portable version of CDBurnerXP, as WMP fails to burn an Audio CD for some unknown reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.