Advice Request What is Namo Antivirus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandeep

Jun 23, 2014
It's true, this is the first free Indian Antivirus. So I appreciate their work for launching this. I have installed it on my laptop and it is working quite well. Didn't encounter any attacks till now. It is light weighted application and easy to use. And the best part of this is it does not have any problem with my AVG which was preinstalled on my laptop.

Reactions: user

Namo AV

Jun 23, 2014
Hi everyone, it's good to see people are recognizing our efforts and showing their interest in Namo AV. Thanks for the variety of responses you are giving to NaMo AV software. Your responses are highly appreciated as your genuine reviews will surely help us to improve in its updated versions. This software is made available to its users absolutely free of cost and is created with efforts to give regards to the inspiration of our country, our Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi. It is light weighted and developed in the manner that it doesn't affect any system that already has some preinstalled antivirus software in it. Hope your experience will be good with us. Also please feel free to share your feedback with us at support@namoav.com. Many thanks!

Reactions: user and sid_16

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
I appreciate that you are making your anti-virus available for free to your customers and at the same time paying respect to your Prime Minister as inspiration, and I sincerely look forward to seeing this program develop and get better as it matures.

As I stated earlier, I would highly recommend that you develop your own engine and definitions database as opposed to relying on the ClamAV one. To quote a virus researcher speaking of ClamAV, it is "Not intended to replace desktop AV", but to instead be a "first line of defence", to prevent known malicious files from getting onto your server.

If you're interested in developing your own engine I would strongly suggest you take a look at some techniques such as binary n grams, section hashing, even general pe analysis such as header analysis, entropy, imports blacklist etc can yield good results when combined with other techniques. Of course there are many other techniques too as I'm sure you're aware :)

Best of luck and keep us updated with your progress ;)

Last edited:

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
I appreciate that you are making your anti-virus available for free to your customers and at the same time paying respect to your Prime Minister as inspiration, and I sincerely look forward to seeing this program develop and get better as it matures.

As I stated earlier, I would highly recommend that you develop your own engine and definitions database as opposed to relying on the ClamAV one. To quote a virus researcher speaking of ClamAV, it is "Not intended to replace desktop AV", but to instead be a "first line of defence", to prevent known malicious files from getting onto your server.

If you're interested in developing your own engine I would strongly suggest you take a look at some techniques such as binary n grams, section hashing, even general pe analysis such as header analysis, entropy, imports blacklist etc can yield good results when combined with other techniques. Of course there are many other techniques too as I'm sure you're aware :)

Best of luck and keep us updated with your progress ;)

They will say, but let wait and watch what is the progress after three years of time.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Cowpipe and user

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
It's not a ' popular ' AV in india, never heard of it before plus wot gives me warning on it's page, so i better stay away.

Reactions: Venustus

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
wot gives me warning on it's page, so i better stay away.

WOT is pretty unreliable in this day and age, if a person wanted to make a bad site look good with WOT then they would flood the ratings to make it look and sound all safe.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
WOT is pretty unreliable in this day and age, if a person wanted to make a bad site look good with WOT then they would flood the ratings to make it look and sound all safe.
I know this , that why i stated other reason like i never heard of that antivirus plus it's not even popular or rarely use by any indians. Only quik heal gets big AV market share in India. I see it used in office, institutes. ALso just searched in google & it reviews r not even good.

Edit : Net protector also have poor reviews all over web & even in google search it says ' this site may hacked ", that's why i guess wot flagged it. Also beware there r 3 websites rearding this product, which one is real who knows - http://www.indiaantivirus.com/ , http://www.netprotector.co.in/ & http://www.npav.net/antivirus.html.

Last edited:

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Personally i do not know Namo AV yet they seem to be a legit company. (Indian firm Innovazion since 2007)
A quick search on the internet shows that they have been around for some years now.
Various tech pages and magazines also posted numerous topic's about Namo.
Maybe cut them some slack, as we greeted MUCH less trustworthy brands to MT with much more friendliness.
And we all know what has become of that.
So allow Namo AV to show what they got to offer, test them review them and leave the bloody WOT rankings as WOT is nothing more then a indicator to see if a website might have issues. And their warnings are far below the average standard i mean lol it even flags sites with millions of users just because a bunch of users reported a site to make it look bad.

Cheers

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I know this , that why i stated other reason like i never heard of that antivirus plus it's not even popular or rarely use by any indians. Only quik heal gets big AV market share in India. I see it used in office, institutes. ALso just searched in google & it reviews r not even good.

When someone says they use Quick Heal I automatically assume they live in india.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
And Namo antivirus was not get any popularity before that's why during general elections in India last yr, Modi was very popular. So this ANtivirus uses Modi name to get some popularity & that's why it gets in news during election time only. It's was just a stupid marketing gimmick & nothing plus it's using outdated clamav engine.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.