What is the Best AV with Sandbox Capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
If you are putting security softs onto systems for people who are apt to simply click, then no matter what you put onto their system they will likely install unwanted stuff onto their PCs - knowingly or unknowingly.

Actually I do know that I worked it out over fifteen years ago, as usual my original question was not answered, so I'll give Comodo a try anyway on more than one of my PC's & find out for myself. I actually image all the PC's I look after onto a large external drive, not a perfect solution but it does help. Any AV solution will have those who like & those who dislike, a fair amount of posts disliking Comodo greatly have had no ration explanation why. Typical for any forum really :) Godwins Law

Actually I do know that I worked it out over fifteen years ago, as usual my original question was not answered, so I'll give Comodo a try anyway on more than one of my PC's & find out for myself. I actually image all the PC's I look after onto a large external drive, not a perfect solution but it does help. Any AV solution will have those who like & those who dislike, a fair amount of posts disliking Comodo greatly have had no ration explanation why. Typical for any forum really :) Godwins Law

What COMODO is like is common knowledge on the forums.

Just go ahead and use COMODO and you will understand very quickly what people are talking about.

It doesn't matter to me, and I suppose to others as well, what people decide to use. People need to discover for themselves what a product is like. It's just discussion of "caveat emptor."

Reactions: 2 people

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
"Let the buyer beware" - It's freeware :) Just joking

E

Eddie Morra

Could you elaborate further? It seems that Comodo was one of the hardest solutions to bypass, at last until version 6.0 (version 8.0 improved a lot with full virtualization).
All it takes is one bug to make everything fall. That is the reality of it. If the fundamental core of something is flawed, then everything interconnected which relies on the core becomes broken too. The core is the most vital part of anything. Without a reliable seed, there shall be no fruit. And in my opinion, COMODO wouldn't know what the meaning of "robust" was if it hit them in the face.

COMODO's sandbox is virtualization through hardware-assisted technology for the hyper-visor. In my opinion, since it is COMODO, that is not a good thing. Letting COMODO loose with hardware-assisted technology implementations when they cannot get simple things right would be a huge mistake if you ask me.

People are free to use whatever they want to use - and thus are free to use COMODO services if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.