Battle What is the best between Glary Utilities, Wise Care and Advanced SystemCare?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I've had a positive experience with Wise Disk Cleaner, which is a cut down version of Wise Care 365 and available to download as a Portable app (Extract .ZIP)

I've not used neither Glary Utilities or Advanced SystemCare (IObit), but again I wouldn't need to use a system cleaner with additional functionalities. CCleaner was once a good product, but it doesn't perform very well if you want that extra GB of space.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I didn't choose any of the above because my recommendation would be Kerish Doctor. With Kerish Doctor, I don't use any of the tools listed. I don't feel the need to use them.

Kerish Doctor here too. It just works and works really well, and has lots of really useful features. Kerish is superb in real-time mode.

If not Kerish - for real-time, I would go with Glary as it is very good with automated processing.. If the mode is on-demand cleaning, I would go with Wise Cleaner (free) or Privazer. I tend to like Privazer to run once or twice a month on deep cleaning mode, it can really do a great job removing deep traces.

Rıza

Level 1
Oct 31, 2016
Ashampoo WinOptimizer 15
Clean up automatically - instantly!
WinOptimizer uses sophisticated algorithms to delete no longer needed files automatically. Web browser traces and temporarily files are removed as soon as you close your browser. This includes Adobe Flash, Reader, Quicktime and Java temporary files, nothing escapes AutoClean! This will keep your files safe and your system lean and fast!

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
In my opinion Advanced SystemCare is the best. It is safe to use and paid Pro version, is regularly available as a giveaway. I also use Wise Disk Cleaner, to clean junk files as it does a better job at that than ASC does.

The registry cleaner is Wise Care has minor issues with false positives, so should be used with care. But the other functions are safe to use. The disk cleaner is very good at finding junk files, which is why I use Wise Disk Cleaner.

While Glary Utilities is not terrible, in my opinion, Advanced SystemCare is a much better product. Glary is regularly updated, but seems to only ever receive very minor changes and fixes,, rather than adding new features. Some features don't work too well. For example, I've never seen the driver updater in Glary, ever find any driver updates.

Spot on but I wouldn't touch the registry except with ccleaner and I would use either one(or both) on demand via settings and killswitches autoruns analyser.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: AtlBo

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Currently, I use it sensibly. I used other things in the past.
Glary was a very versatile software that can handle driver backups and context menus, but for me that wants to do a simple cleaning it was an excessive impression.
IObit. It did not feel inconvenient while using it, but when uninstalling, I remember that there was a tendency to leave more debris in the registry.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I use Wise Disc Cleaner is really good, and Kerish Doctor.
I used Privazer once, but I gave up because I have bad experience with this soft.
I had to put the whole system on my feet so confused in the system.
no more of this software.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I used all three programs. I'll ranked them as:
  1. Wise Cleaner
  2. Glary Utilities
  3. Advanced System Care
I experienced a couple of times ASC trashing Windows after cleaning so I shun from using it again.

I regularly use CCleaner but in case I need more cleaning, I go for Wise Cleaner. Many years ago, we have a PC running on XP that takes 30+ minutes to shut down, I used Wise Cleaner specifically the registry defrag, after that it shuts down in under a minute.

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
I used all three programs. I'll ranked them as:
  1. Wise Cleaner
  2. Glary Utilities
  3. Advanced System Care
I experienced a couple of times ASC trashing Windows after cleaning so I shun from using it again.

I regularly use CCleaner but in case I need more cleaning, I go for Wise Cleaner. Many years ago, we have a PC running on XP that takes 30+ minutes to shut down, I used Wise Cleaner specifically the registry defrag, after that it shuts down in under a minute.
i guess the registry cleaner caused your windows to get corrupt from iobit? as that is what happen to me many times when i tested it having loads of issues and i never touch the registry cleaner inside it at all if i use it, the disk cleaner and other cleaning, etc worked all fine on my pc for a while and laptop when using it.

and same here, ccleaner with ccenhancer and wisecare365 work fine and never had any issues.

Reactions: AtlBo and WinXPert

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
i guess the registry cleaner caused your windows to get corrupt from iobit? as that is what happen to me many times when i tested it
The registry cleaner used to have some issues with false positives. However, I reported the issues with IObit a few years ago and they updated ASC to fix the issues. As a result the registry cleaner should no longer have any issues with false positives, making it safe to use. However, I would advise against enabling Deep Clean, as this has the potential to cause issues. This is only available in the Pro version and is disabled by default.

The registry cleaner in Wise Care/Wise Registry Cleaner has very minor issues with false positives. It may want to delete some needed registry keys, but should never delete anything critical.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
When cleaning within the necessary minimum range
It is said that
'there is still much room for cleaning.'
After cleaning thoroughly
'Please do not throw out what you need!' Is pointed out.

Registry cleaner has dilemma attached

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
When cleaning within the necessary minimum range
It is said that
'there is still much room for cleaning.'
After cleaning thoroughly
'Please do not throw out what you need!' Is pointed out.
That is a great description, I have to remember that one. Junk for one is a treasure for another.

Just like Wise Disk Cleaner, unless I uncheck those 2, explorer forgets a custom view and a tray icons order.

Attachments

• capture_03142018_103149.jpg
    capture_03142018_103149.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 547

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
What does this mean? Prticularly "killswitches autoruns analyser.". TY

I mean go into settings of each program and deselect the "load with windows" box to stop it automatically running at startup,then check with e.g. Comodo autoruns analyser that nothing from these programs is set to run automatically.

Simply because I have found that ASC can be a bit intrusive bombarding the system with boot time popups,floating toolbars etc and I like to make sure what`s set to run on my system.

Regards Eck:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.