What is the best firewall/antivirus for a smaller tablet/ acer one ten model?

Dan E

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
I just purchased a acer one ten tablet/ with a detachable keyboard, and it had mcaffee pre installed on it, along with windows defender running. I am totally un familiar with windows ten, I am a windows 8.1 die hard all the way, and it seems like they took my control panel out , or its harder to find. Also I installed Avast , since I have faith in them more, and it ran slow and somehow ran along side mcaffee slowing it down completely.. also I cannot find how to turn off windows defender , or should I ? I am not dumb to this but I am baffled at how I cannot seem to easily dig deep into this stuff on here. Maybe somebody can throw some recommendations my way who knows, thanks for the help...lol , appreciate it a lot. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
1) Removed McAfee completely by using their removal tool

2) Windows Defender is fine and well stable for your system but insist to add a third party AV then WD will disable only.

3) You may go to cloud based like Bitdefender Free or Panda Free Av for light performance.

Acer One holds the Intel Atom for your specifications, therefore some AV are not optimized due to their resource workloads.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.