Q&A What is the best video player?

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
SMPlayer. In my usage it was less resource intensive than vlc.
You would notice the difference clearly on less powerful hardware. Vlc struggled to play 1080p x265 mp4 file, but SMPlayer played it without any hiccups.
Also it remembers the last playing position of files and subtitles loaded last time, search & download subtitles, save screenshot, play youtube or any streaming link, play dvd, play internet radio, save playlist, all other basic player features.

Last edited:

Tiny

Level 2
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Isolation
Used to use Potplayer with madVR, but now permanently switched to Media Player .NET (MPDN) with render scripts.

SMPlayer. In my usage it was less resource intensive than vlc.
You would notice the difference clearly on less powerful hardware. Vlc struggled to play 1080p x265 mp4 file, but SMPlayer played it without any hiccups.
Also it remembers the last playing position of files and subtitles loaded last time, search & download subtitles, save screenshot, play youtube or any streaming link, play dvd, play internet radio, save playlist, all other basic player features.
Good thing that PotPlayer can do all of those, and even more like Game/Video Recording [just one out of bazillion things it does], yet everything in a tiny 20MB setup. :D SMPlayer is also neat by the way, it would be my 2nd/3rd choice :)

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
ESET
I use vlc, it's pretty good but I will switch to MPC-HC next time I reinstall my OS, just to try something different.