Advice Request What is the preeminent American anti virus company?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
I guess Norton or McAfee? Comodo is onto the best concept, but I think they still lack a hands off endpoint option for workstations. For companies a very sophisticated network monitoring system is required in accompaniment to the endpoint software. Don't think they have anything that has gotten anyone's attention...

Windows Defender Shill

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Apr 28, 2017
I guess Norton or McAfee? Comodo is onto the best concept, but I think they still lack a hands off endpoint option for workstations. For companies a very sophisticated network monitoring system is required in accompaniment to the endpoint software. Don't think they have anything that has gotten anyone's attention...
I considered Comodo Japanese. Maybe they are US based

If so, huge boost to US ability

Reactions: AtlBo and vtqhtr413

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
I think it's Norton. Most reviews that I have read proves that Norton is the best consumer-security software in terms of overall virus protection and performance, as measured by detection rates and speed. Also, I have been using Norton for a couple of years and I am very satisfied with its' security and protection features.

Of all U.S. AV produces, Malwarebytes has the largest share of the global market - in large part due to its free version (most people refuse to pay).

If you measure what has been installed after it has been paid for - and has remained on the system, then the statistics are a lot different.

One set of measurements and statistics is virtually never comparable to another set because what and how things are measured is completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.