What is the source of your current security software?

• I have bought it

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • I am using free security software

Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Gift,Giveaways and Promos or Pre-installed

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • I don't use security software

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other(You don't have to specify)

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012

Remember no public poll so your vote cannot be visible to other so vote what your real source of security product

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Mine would have to be other, I don't pay for Trend I get the keys for doing the beta testing for them.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
InternetChicken said:
Mine is the same as McLovin but not for Trend

That's the best thing. If you do something for them you might be able to get something out of it. :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hard to vote for one, when you don't use any 3rd party security software, but you use MRT from Windows Updates.

Clicked Other.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Mostly free but I bought winpatrol and have some freebies from giveaway's but not currently using any so I chose free.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
free security softwares here :)
Main windows XP = Avast Free, Zonealarm Suite Free, Outpost Free
2nd XP= AVG Free, Comodo IS

D

Deleted member 178

do you know that it is not advised to run multiple full-fledge AVs (if they are not designed to be companion) on the same system? , even if you see no issues, the various drivers and components will conflicts together then reduce drastically your security.

i am specialized in this forum to run multiple AVs in same time, but all of them are designed in this purpose, not yours.

Avast or Zone alarm or Outpost, not both ( i will suggest keep ZA)
AVG or Comodo , not both (i suggest CIS, it is a full suite)

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
^^^ forget to mention that outpost is disabled in startup.....

and i followed your tutorial to use comodo with other antivirus......
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-set-CIS-EAM-for-max-compatibility-security

and avast free does not have File Shield (file realtime protection), so thought to use zonealarm free with it..... no problem faced yet :|

D

Deleted member 178

even disabled on Startup outpost (firewall) has installed drivers that will conflict with ZA firewall.
I strongly suggest to keep only one FW.

My tutorial is for companion AVs like Emsisoft AM, Immunet free, Webroot SA, Kingsoft AV.

AVG is not designed to be a companion AV. trust me on this.

ok if you removed the Real-time File shield.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
ok, then i will uninstall outpost free suite in main XP installation......
in 2nd XP installation, please explain "remove real time file shield"........ you mean disable AVG antivirus / Comodo antivirus???

or if i uninstall AVG Free and install Kingsoft free with CIS in 2nd XP, will this be Ok??

and thanx telling me such details.....

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Apart from Sandboxie (free version) and WOT, I'm not using any other software as protection for my machine...... However if I had to use an antivirus I would most likely go with a free security product (Avast or Comodo) instead of a paid product.
Voted : I don't use security software

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Panda Cloud Pro 2.0 - Free 1 year license from CNET Promotion.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Jack said:
Apart from Sandboxie (free version) and WOT, I'm not using any other software as protection for my machine...... However if I had to use an antivirus I would most likely go with a free security product (Avast or Comodo) instead of a paid product.
Voted : I don't use security software
Do you use your computer for financial transaction and banking purpose

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I voted other since I am using a registered copy of SBIE and free NoScript. A little bit of both, free and paid. If I was using an AV, most likely it would be free MSE.

Bo

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
do you know that it is not advised to run multiple full-fledge AVs (if they are not designed to be companion) on the same system? , even if you see no issues, the various drivers and components will conflicts together then reduce drastically your security.
Good advice Umbra. I think you should follow it yourself also.

Bo

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
bo.elam said:
Umbra Corp. said:
Good advice Umbra. I think you should follow it yourself also.

Bo
=))=))=))=))

=))=))=))

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.