What is the source of your current security software?

What is the source of your current security software?

• I have bought it

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • I am using free security software

Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Gift,Giveaways and Promos or Pre-installed

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • I don't use security software

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other(You don't have to specify)

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

the difference is mines are designed to work together and has low footprints of my resources & responsiveness. HUGE difference :D

some people like to drive family cars, i like to drive a military hummer ;)

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

Picture related ;)

lWPDJ.png

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
the difference is mines are designed to work together and has low footprints of my resources & responsiveness. HUGE difference :D

Even if they are "designed to work together" as you think, it is likely that a unknown conflict exists somewhere. This is very likely when someone uses as many applications as you do. I mean, I know you like trying programs and all but that in addition to using many programs at the same time its got to take its toll sometime. Its just a matter of when.

I also like to try programs but I do it virtually. No harm to the PC. Let me tell you something Umbra, I can not remember the last time that I heard a sound coming out of my computers, that's because I don't use tanks for security.:)

Greetings

Bo

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
i wonder what pix , you will find if i said a Tank :p

Don't push your luck, Tanks are slow moving machines, Your PC isn't slow is it? :p

D

Deleted member 178

No slowdown on mine

Tank slow ? check the French tank "Leclerc" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgEt9vxjd6U

i wish i had one ^^

D

Deleted member 178

bo.elam said:
Even if they are "designed to work together" as you think, it is likely that a unknown conflict exists somewhere. This is very likely when someone uses as many applications as you do. I mean, I know you like trying programs and all but that in addition to using many programs at the same time its got to take its toll sometime. Its just a matter of when.

i agree it "may" happen,but it is also true for just a single apps installed.

I use them since quite a long time now, testing malwares, running heavy softs, and never had BSODs with them, the only crash i had, is when i use just OAP alone...

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Geez, nothings stopping you with that Hummer :p

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
I pay for NIS albeit at the very low price of $23.99 2yr 3pc subscription (which is up from $14.99 two years ago). Keys are emailed to me after payment and have worked flawlessly for over 3yrs now just renewed last week as a matter of fact. Now I did not just crawl out of a hole so I know these keys must be bootlegged or whatever you call it I just don't ask questions and keep a copy of the payment invoice.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
giveaways:
defensewall - techsupportallert
vipre - tom`s hardware

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Jack said:
Apart from Sandboxie (free version) and WOT, I'm not using any other software as protection for my machine

:bravo:

Nice move Jack!

Current configuration here is:

CIS=Free
EAM=Paid (5 months left)

Vote=Other as free and paid combined ///

comphelp

Level 1
Jul 20, 2011
Avast free, SterJo Portable Firewall PRO, Maxa Cookie Manager, Acronis Privacy Expert Suite

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I use all giveaway AV. I have Trend from friend. Avast IS for allforsoftwarenews giveaway. I also won Kaspersky and AVG from Softpedia. Trustport from last years promo. I have never paid for AVs.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Seems free, well has won it. Not a surprise, it's either Comodo, or Avast Free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.