What is the source of your current security software?

What is the source of your current security software?

• I have bought it

Votes: 37 27.0%
  • I am using free security software

Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Gift,Giveaways and Promos or Pre-installed

Votes: 33 24.1%
  • I don't use security software

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other(You don't have to specify)

Votes: 16 11.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 178

bbbbweb said:
I have no antivirus at all, apart from Common Sense 2012.

:D

i caught you ! Common (Internet) Sense 2012 (CIS...) :p

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
bbbbweb said:
I have no antivirus at all, apart from Common Sense 2012.

Ahh, another Common Sense Security person. Glad that I see you have some Common Sense :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For me having a simple purpose for doing in the internet basically a common sense followed with light Free AV on my system.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I have been using free security products for 7 years and along with some common knowledge about downloading and installing files and programs has kept me malware free.

Paid security products don't offer me anything over using freeware except for the fact they cost money.

Many freeware security products are actually much better than many paid products if use in the correct combination. I don't see why home users would even still buy security products it is a waste of money.

Thanks.:D

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Even MSE is better then Common Sense.
Littlebits:I agree that home user does not need to buy software but one can use paid product if they got it from promo/offer/giveaway.:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.