Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Lovely day for a stroll here.o_O
Screenshot 2021-01-25 082623.png

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Yes, the feels-like temp is expected to break 100 deg F/38 deg C in the Northeastern US. But that's nothing compared to the Pacific Northwest. I read many didn't have air-conditioning because before this catastrophe, they didn't need it.

Imagine the mad rush to the stores for AC. These are some incredibly harsh times, one way or another. Unreal.

Oh, here I walked 2 km to the store in high- humidity feels-like temperature of 93 deg F/34 deg C, then back again with 15 pounds/7kg of stuff. Not pleasant. But not potentially deadly like over there, either.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I think most of us often underrate humidity when talking about temperature. High temperature + humidity is a death blow. I can get along easily in a 40℃ weather if the humidity is low like 20-30%. I wouldn't even sweat but if the temperature is 32℃ with a high 65+ humidity then the body sweats quite a lot and it becomes extremely irritating. There are days in the summer when I bathe 3 times a day just to feel cool for a bit.
I would love to know how it feels to live in places around the equatorial line like the country Ecuador where the temperature is kind of always perfect.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I think most of us often underrate humidity when talking about temperature. High temperature + humidity is a death blow. I can get along easily in a 40℃ weather if the humidity is low like 20-30%. I wouldn't even sweat but if the temperature is 32℃ with a high 65+ humidity then the body sweats quite a lot and it becomes extremely irritating. There are days in the summer when I bathe 3 times a day just to feel cool for a bit.
I would love to know how it feels to live in places around the equatorial line like the country Ecuador where the temperature is kind of always perfect.
I regularly go running in 100°f temp when humidity is low. Where I’m at in the desert southwest of the US we use evaporative coolers. Basically using the principle of evaporation to cool the air coming in. We just had a couple weeks of 38°c+ weather, but the humidity was in the single digits. The cooler worked amazingly! The bigger concern is fires starting from everything drying out. But, as soon as the humidity is over 30% these coolers become worthless. Now it’s rainy and around 30° but running almost feels worse.

So, I agree, I watch humidity as closely as the temperature in the summer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.