Battle What is your favorite free backup program

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I used Aomei, very good indeed. But now i prefer Macrium Free. Works Great.
Cannot give a reason for the change, only, i love to try new software & compare their performance & usage on my system, then according to my needs i choose the one which suits best.

Have a list of good programs & then try them yourself on your system, then choose the one that fits perfectly (or close to) for your needs. I think this to be the best practice for anyone.

Regards.

monkeylove

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 9, 2014
For some Win 7 systems at home, I use the free version of Macrium for a full backup, and if there's additional disk space, another system image using the built-in system. For incremental backups, I use the desktop app from Crashplan.

For Win 8.1, I use the built-in system and the file history. But for ease of use and to do file backups of folders outside libraries (like the ones in appdata), I've had to use a paid version of Acronis from the start to backup the whole system plus separate sets for the browser, mail reader, and games, and have had no problems with it. I've been able to restore the whole system more than once (due to problems I caused when I was playing with system features to lessen wear-and-tear on the SSD) as well as individual files (especially those that are used by the browser and are located in the user directory).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.