What is your Favorite Mobile Brand in 2017?

Amelith Nargothrond

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 22, 2017
When it comes to innovation, it is really Samsung that pushes the limits.

They pushed their phones to the limits even in the military business (got to love their new multitasking capabilities) :D

Crt8m5YUMAAu_vt.jpg

PS. I own a Note 3 :p

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
D

Deleted member 178

Microsoft, because my Lumia 950XL is awesome, Win10 Mobile works flawlessly on it, i can sync stuff between my PC and my phone with ease.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Well for me honestly the root of my pick goes not on the mainstream brands but to minor ones.

Firefly Mobile

Source

Firefly Mobile unlike other brands, the smartphones contain high quality features without any unnecessary bloatware. Fresh stock ROM of Android and the packaging is also another good thing to please users to use it.
Never heard of it despite being from Asia. I believe it has a good influence in Phillipines market mainly.
Look what I just found on searching Firefly phones:
images (9).jpg
That's actually a Firefly device :D

Ok, I know, this is what you meant right (Firefly Mobile):
geeky-pinas-allure-64-lte-side.png Firefly-Mobile-Intense-Metal-gold-and-white.jpg

Pure stock. One of them looks like iPhone from front, top and bottom.
Have you used one? If yes, can you comment on how does it differ from other Android phones that have stock ROM loaded (like Moto, Nexus...)?

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017
Voted for Samsung (Flagships) against the ones listed
  • Samsung - (My ex-brand) have been a fan of their innovation and first in class features. Disliked their aggressive phone making strategies (so manyyy models every year) of which many are forgotten soon. Some have cheap builds and slowest of s/w. Flagships are the go-to here!
  • Huawei - sister uses it. As customizable as many other Chinese OS. Newer phones have nice build and camera. Some flagships quite replicate iPhone. Like it :)
  • IPhone - whenever I encounter any bug or lags in Android, I am reminded of this Holy brand. But then I realize its closed ecosystem and certain limitations (no offence) and forget about it immediately
  • Oppo - never tried hands-on. They are aiming to do big though
  • Xiaomi - my current brand. Many great features and options, enough to get any rookie or intermediate confused or keep them under the dark for days before they know that their phone had that feature too!
  • Sony - never liked their build or Screen to Body ratio. Older UI looked unimpressive
  • Lenovo - like Oppo, didn't experience much. I'll prefer Moto over it. The requirement specs leads to many differences between the two's objectives, quality and provisions
  • LG - UI and features are nice, but don't get to see them in public
  • HTC - Costly yeah! Again, don't get to see many
  • Nokia - need to say anything? :D (excluding Windows, the simplicity phones)
i used ios as android and i download apps from various website without jailbreak

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
i used ios as android and i download apps from various website without jailbreak
Even I do on my iTouch ;)

BTW, if you're referring to the 'closed ecosystem' I mentioned, I focused on the bigger picture, not exactly the App store (though many famous utilities or feature apps available freely in Android are priced in App store or provide only basic functionality in their free versions. Quality and User Experience of iOS apps against Android apps is a different topic altogether).

superboy123

Level 4
Verified
May 1, 2012
vote to xiaomi because nice UI, resonable price, and good perfomance....i recently used xiaomi redmi note 3

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
ZTE Axon 7

"The Axon 7 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 and turned in some of the best performance results we've seen. It scored 141,989 on the AnTuTu benchmark, which measures overall system performance. That's faster than the Galaxy S7 Edge and toe-to-toe with the OnePlus 3 (141,429), which has a lower-resolution display.

The phone has 4GB of RAM under the hood, which isn't as high as the 6GB you get with the OnePlus 3, but it's more than sufficient. Even with games and numerous apps open in the background, I wasn't able to get the phone to stutter."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

karthic1998

Level 4
Verified
Jan 23, 2017

BTW, if you're referring to the 'closed ecosystem' I mentioned, I focused on the bigger picture, not exactly the App store (though many famous utilities or feature apps available freely in Android are priced in App store or provide only basic functionality in their free versions. Quality and User Experience of iOS apps against Android apps is a different topic altog

BTW, if you're referring to the 'closed ecosystem' I mentioned, I focused on the bigger picture, not exactly the App store (though many famous utilities or feature apps available freely in Android are priced in App store or provide only basic functionality in their free versions. Quality and User Experience of iOS apps against Android apps is a different topic altogether).
okay brother

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

IOS 10 is without a doubt the best mobile OS, but Android 7.1.1. Nougat is also great, I have that on my HTC Nexus 9, sorry for double posting.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Urusen

Level 2
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Samsung. Their battery havent died til today.

I had a Windows Phone Nokia and I cant say the same about its battery. =/

RicharDooM

Level 1
Verified
Dec 6, 2016
iPhone for work, OnePlus for fun! My vote goes to OnePlus tho! I'm surprised how well their devices work. You get a premium experience for a mid-ranged price, what can you ask more!?!?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.