What is Your Favourite Internet Security Suite?

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
For me it's ESET Internet Security. It's lightweight, unobstrusive and has no impact on the performance on my PC. Not to mention the detection rates that is Superb. I just wish it had a rollback feature and application control like Kaspersky.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
at the moment I have to say qihoo 360 ts , a lot of people may disagree with me at this , but the product keeps getting more stable after all the bug reports and suggestions I have made to them. ofcourse there is always room for improvement. together with my security softs in line and security tweaks I have made ( browser and os level ) I believe getting infected will be hard. :) ;)

outlawxtorn

Level 6
Verified
Content Creator
May 29, 2017
Yes with those settings it will be hard for normal malware to bypass Panda since it will alert on every unknown process execution. Personally I would suggest you to harden you OS with SysHardener portable. It's a one time run and forget tool. Panda and SysHardener make a solid combo in my opinion.
Yep! I'm running it with SysHardener, I didn't mention that.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I was very keen on trying AppGuard but sadly I can't seem to find a trial version to try it out. I never buy softwares without trying (unless it's a game) :geek:
Their "trial version" means buying the software first and if you don't like it, you get your money back.

I don't like their sales model, personally. But that's a corporate decision, and corporations have minds of their own.

PS. I didn't buy AppGuard. I'm not that rich enough to buy it and pay annually for it. :D

D

Deleted member 178

I was very keen on trying AppGuard but sadly I can't seem to find a trial version to try it out. I never buy softwares without trying (unless it's a game) :geek:
No trial anymore, like many corporate solutions.
Its price is SMB/corporate-oriented (which is the market they focus on), it is around 90$ annual now.
Home users should use Home solutions. They don't have/needs the same requirements than businesses, so they normally shouldn't need corporate-grade solutions. Only security geeks like us would use a complex corporate solution just for their personal computers.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Voted "others"...at present I'm not using of any IS packet and I rather was a fan of "set of single tools" but from the past I remember IS what impressed me probably the most - Online Solution Security Suite. Today I'm user of SpyShelter which is for me "non-signatures IS packet" due to a lot of features and its effectifness:
- anti-logger protection with keyboard encryption
- HIPS/BB module and strong sytem protection
- in/out firewall
- processes restrictions module (limited rights)
- file/folder restrictions (removable drives also) feature
- file/folder protection (access for allowed only apps/processes)
- AV scanner (VS Jotti and others optional to set).

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Voted "others"...at present I'm not using of any IS packet and I rather was a fan of "set of single tools" but from the past I remember IS what impressed me probably the most - Online Solution Security Suite. Today I'm user of SpyShelter which is for me "non-signatures IS packet" due to a lot of features and its effectifness:
- anti-logger protection with keyboard encryption
- HIPS/BB module and strong sytem protection
- in/out firewall
- processes restrictions module (limited rights)
- file/folder restrictions (removable drives also) feature
- file/folder protection (access for allowed only apps/processes)
- AV scanner (VS Jotti and others optional to set).

Yea my fav too
just install Shadow Defender with SpyShelterFW and rest apps is just not necessary for fun ^^

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

ZoneAlarm Extreme . it is efficient and very reliable

Zone Alarm Extreme is a nice suite, I like it, but it has a pretty big flaw.

Any connection speed approaching 1000Mbps and the firewall chokes. Not only will it not generally reach 1000Mbps, but much before this it will cause systems to stutter, hitch and almost lockup approaching that speed. Incredibly annoying and disappointing in testing as it has a lot of potential but the FWD is aged.

Reactions: Nestor

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
KIS on this PC which seems as light as nothing at all - If I was the only person to use this & my other PC I would just use some AV & Windows firewall but others use them & they may not be as careful as I & I do worry when I'm away, like for a month or so earlier this year. Have Dome on my Laptops (one is my other half's)

Reactions: AtlBo

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Norton Security Premium: good prize for 10 devices, with an easy web management and support. Working fantastic on all operating systems: Windows, mac and android.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.