What is Your Favourite Internet Security Suite?

Wraith

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
For me it's ESET Internet Security. It's lightweight, unobstrusive and has no impact on the performance on my PC. Not to mention the detection rates that is Superb. I just wish it had a rollback feature and application control like Kaspersky.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I originally voted eset but I decided to switch to bitdefender because in my humble opinion it is the most robust and best rated suite at this time
translation by google excuse my bad english
Remember one thing there is nothing like "the best" in security field..each and every AV has pros and cons right from Avira to Zone alarm..If and If i need to say the "perfect Av" (i know that is inappropriate and false) it is only "KASPERSKY" ..that's it!
The words spoken above are from my personal experience testing of more than 7 yrs+ with these AV Suites.

elquenunca

Level 3
Verified
Dec 23, 2017
Remember one thing there is nothing like "the best" in security field..each and every AV has pros and cons right from Avira to Zone alarm..If and If i need to say the "perfect Av" (i know that is inappropriate and false) it is only "KASPERSKY" ..that's it!
The words spoken above are from my personal experience testing of more than 7 yrs+ with these AV Suites.
as you say each av has its advantages and disadvantages I used eset avira kaspersky bitdefender and with the suite I feel safer is with bitdefender
translated by google excuse my english

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Picking a suite and accepting your choice, rather than playing AV Suite Merry Go-Round is wiser, saves money and in the end saves headaches.

Even the most average suite will protect most average people that don't make ridiculous decisions. Even WD itself is sufficient in that area if you don't make ridiculous decisions.

So in the end, maybe it's best to use what runs well for you and what feels the best for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Favorite third party: Kaspersky Internet Security, no question. When I used it, the machine actually felt really secured..
I use Microsoft Windows Security (Defender), because oddly it runs transparently on here (no huge bulky files on C) in conjunction with 2 stand-alones. I enabled the group policy editor in Windows v. 1809 home version w/a batch file and enabled behavioral monitoring thru that as well. Will see how it goes.

Source

FALLEN

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 13, 2015
I prefer three company for the sec. suites: Symantec(SEP/SEPC), Kaspersky and Emsisoft.

I voted Kaspersky but, I guess I prefer the 40% Symantec, 40% Kaspersky and 20% Emsisoft.

I think Emsisoft to be higher, than the average of other's, in false positives. Especially BB. It is really annoying.. Ex. ExpressVPN setups(new releases), even steam games (KFGame.exe), etc.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Of the mentioned security suites, I voted Eset, with Emsisoft as a close second. I admit Kaspersky would be numero uno, if I could look away from the obvious resource problem. But lately I have seen posts, that suggest that it actually don't tax their PC so much. Maybe it's about time I try Kaspersky again. It's about 10 years since last time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.